INDIRA AWAAS YOJANA (IAY)
- Ministry of Rural Development → Department of Rural Development.
- launched during 1985-86
- Government gives money to BPL families, for construction / upgradation of houses.
- Centre :State =75:25
- Centre :North Eastern States=90:10
How much money is given to the selected family?
|Financial assistance given to a BPL family under IAY scheme|
- 60% of the funds should go for SC/ST Families.
- Gram Panchayats may draw out the shelterless families from the BPL List.
- House will be registered in the name of Female member. (Women empowerment)
- Family can also get additional loan upto Rs. 20,000 at 4% interest rate, incase they want to do more furnishing of the house.
Convergence with other Schemes:
- IAY Family will get funds provided under the Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC) for building toilet.
- Ministry of Power: Under Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) being implemented by each IAY Family will get free electricity connection to the house.
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) will give (1)Janshree Bima for rural BPL families and (2) Aam Aadmi Bima for the benefit of rural landless families.
- District administration (DM) to ensure that a jobless IAY beneficiary gets a job card under MNREGA and Self Help Group (SHG) membership under Swarnjayanti-gram-swarozgar Yojana (SGSY)