Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana ||स्वर्णजयंती ग्राम स्वरोजगार योजना. || સ્વર્ણ જયંતિ ગ્રામ સ્વરોજગાર યોજના.
- Ministry of Rural Development → Department of Rural Development.
- To bring the assisted poor families (Swarozgaries) above the Poverty Line.
- i.e. BPL to APL
- Organise the rural poor into Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- train them and
- provide them income generating assets.
- April 1, 1999. (To make us April fool?)
- PS: Exact Date or year is not important, but you should have idea on which time-era this falls in: Which scheme came first and which came later?
- Under the SGSY, generally a self-help group may consist of 10 to 20 persons.
- all members of the group should belong to families below the poverty line.
- 50% of the groups formed in each block should be exclusively for the women.
- group formation and development is not a spontaneous process, so NGO can help as a facilitator.
- Bank Linkage Programme of NABARD: To give Loan-cum-subsidy to such SHG groups for their business activities.
- Cost sharing: Center and State on a 75-25 basis.
Recommended book for Yearbook questions