- Few days back Government upgraded the non-creamy layer income limit from 4.5 lakh to 6 lakh.
- Those who’re new to competitive exams: please keep in mind following things (because some new players make mistake in application form and then UPSC rejects them after mains/interview stage.)
- first thing: To claim OBC-reservation benefits you need two certificates
||this has validity for one year|
For the purpose of UPSC, Creamy layer candidate has to tick general category in the application form. Hence he gets only 4 attempts and max 30 years age limit like general category candidates. Click on the following screenshot of online application of UPSC.
second thing: OBC non-creamy layer status depends on your parents and *not* your own income/salary.
- The income criteria: 4.5 lakh or 6 lakh or whatever – It doesn’t apply if your parent(s) are in Government/PSU service.
- For children of Government employees, usually the situation is your dad is in Government service, and mom is housewife. In that case, if your dad did not become class1 officer before the age of 40, then you’re non-creamy layer and eligible for reservation– even if his salary is above 4.5 or 6 lakhs due to pay Commission and seniority.
- for more on creamy layer criteria, study these things
for any doubts, difficulties, contact the owner of obcguru.com, Mr. SHAILENDRA WAGADRE email id: [email protected]