Question from a reader
i belong to obc catogry while giving my previous attempt in 2011 but now i am not in obc because my father income has incresed from 5 lakh yearly. so please suggest me sir that how many attempts is still in my hand.
To avail benefits of OBC, a candidate needs two certificates
1. OBC caste certificate
2. Non-Creamy Layer (The non-creamy layer certificate is valid for one year only. Means every year you’ve to get a new certificate)
…Candidates belonging to OBCs but coming in the Creamy Layer and thus not being entitled to OBC reservation should indicate their community as General Category.
Since Creamy Layer OBC has to to tick “General category”, he’ll get 4 attempts only just like any other General category candidate.
So, If you had given one attempt earlier, now you’ve got three attempts left.
Some Important Points
- Creamy layer status Depends on the income of your parents and not on your own personal income or your husband’s or wife’s income.
- If you father happens to be a Government employee, then his income can be above Rs.5 lakh and yet you can be non-creamy layer IF he didnot get promoted to class-I before age of 40.
- State backward caste list and Central OBC list are two separate things and they donot necessarily overlap each other.
- For example, Anjnaa Chaudhari community of Gujarat falls under Gujarat State’s Socially and Economically Backward Caste list (SEBC) therefore gets reservation in GPSC exams and Gujarat university admissions but the same community not in included in Central OBC list, hence they cannot avail reservation in UPSC/PSUs/Bank PO/IITs and IIMs.
- You be very careful about these things before filling up the application form, otherwise they reject you at the very last stage because you don’t have the necessary documents to back your OBC-claim.
For any doubts on OBC/Creamy Layer issue,
OR contact Mr.Shailendra Wagadre, he is the expert in this matter.