Question from a reader: I want to know that from where i can get ignou printed notes.i mean i want hard copies.
Ans. Most of the IGNOU material is freely available in PDF format (Softcopy), on their official e-learning website www.egyankosh.ac.in but any of you wanting the same thing in “printed book” (Hardcopy) format, here are the instructions:
1. Download this price catalog (PDF) of IGNOU Booklets from this link. (right click> save as)
2. According to your requirements, note down the booklet codes and prices.
3. Either visit the authorized bookstore given on page #32 of the above PDF file. (For New Delhi, Shilong, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Patna.)
Or if you want to order it via post, then write a letter to them, containing following information
1. Booklet codes, Medium (Hindi/English) and price
2. Address where you want to get the product delivered.
4. Demand draft drawn in favor of IGNOU, payable at New Delhi, for the material value. (and write the bookcodes, medium and your address at the back of the DD, just in case!)
Send it to this address
Material Production and Distribution Division (MPDD),
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110 068,
Ph. 29572010 (Direct),
PABX 29535924-32 Extn. 2010.
- I’ve merely given instructions based on what their official price catalouge says. But IGNOU is after all “sarkaari kaam-kaaj” (bureaucratic procedures),so you might want to phone them and seek any clarification before proceeding further.
- The MRP of booklets prices doesnot include postage, packing and forwarding charges which are borne by the customers seeking material by post.