[Yearbook] Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) for Minority Concentration Districts
- Minority communities in the notified by the Central Government
- What are the Minority Concentration Districts?
- What is MsDP?
- What are the objectives of MsDP?
- What are the types of schemes approved under MsDP?
- Mock Question for GS Mains Paper 1
||% of Total Population Acc2 Census 2001
- districts which are relatively backward in which at least 25% of the total population belongs to minority communities
- districts having a large absolute minority population of more than 5 lakhs but with minority population between 20% to 25%
Backwardness parameters used for identifying Minority Concentration Districts
|religion-specific socio-economic indicators
||basic amenities indicators
- literacy rate;
- female literacy rate;
- work participation rate
- female work participation rate
- % of households with pucca walls
- % of households with safe drinking water
- % of households with electricity;
- % of households with W/C latrines
- 90 Minority Concentration Districts have been identified
- Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP).
- Coordinated by Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- To fill up the ‘development deficits’ in Minority Concentration Districts (MCD)
- It provides specific plan for providing
- better infrastructure for school and secondary education,
- pucca housing,
- drinking water and electricity supply,
- beneficiary oriented schemes for creating income generating activities.
- connecting roads,
- basic health infrastructure,
- ICDS centres,
- skill development and marketing facilities required for improving living conditions and income generating activities
- Indira Awas Yojana housing
- Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme for Installation of hand pumps
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Siksha Abhiyan (RMSA) for Construction of additional classrooms in Govt. higher secondary schools
- Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (SSA) for Construction of additional class rooms in lower primary and middle schools
- Total Sanitation Campaign for Construction of toilet blocks in various categories of schools
- Solar lantern for girls studying in high schools for BPL
- Scheme of solar street lights
- Construction of additional primary health centres (APHCs) building under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)
- Integrated Child Development Scheme
- Construction anganwadi centres (AWC)
- Establishment of new Industrial Training Institutes (ITI)
- Scheme for upgradation of existing ITI into centre of excellence
- Capacity building of farmers, traders, entrepreneurs on scientific coconut cultivation & processing technology.
- Vocational training on computer and I.T.
- Swarnjayanti Gremeen Swarozgar Yojna * (SGSY)
- Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidalaya (KGBV) for Construction of hostel for girls in high/secondary schools
- Novadaya Vidyalaya Samiti for Construction of hostel for boys high/secondary schools
- Providing modern teaching aid, Computer with Accessories under Sarva Siksha Abhiyan.
- Discuss the salient features of Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) for Minority Concentration Districts. (12Marks / 150 words)