- What is CABE?
- Objectives of the bill?
- Unfair Practices Prohibited under the Bill
- Mock Questions
- Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE), is the highest advisory body to advise the Union and State Governments in the field of education. Particularly for the matters related to
- Review of the National Policy on Education, in the light of the significant socio-economic and socio-cultural developments taking place in the country.
- Girls Education and the Common School System
- Universalization of Secondary Education
- Integrating Culture Education in the School Curriculum
- Regulatory Mechanism for the Text Books and parallel text books taught in schools outside the Government system
- Autonomy and Financing of Higher and Technical Education.
- HRD minister= chairman
- Ministers/officials of Union, State, UT- from relevant Departments (Education, Science, Tribal, Social Justice etc)
- 6 MPs
- Representatives from schools, academicians, NGOs etc.
go site Why in News?
clomid side effects Because CABE has come up with a “Prohibition of Unfair Practices in Schools Bill 2012”
- Put an end to the unfair practices prevalent in Indian schools.
- Protect the interests of teachers and students.
Exploitation of Teachers
- recruiting teachers without qualification
- recruiting teachers on part-time basis.
- giving teachers and other administrative staff lesser salary than shown in the school records.
- Exploitation of teachers through various other means (e.g. asking them to teach in more than one school ran by the same Management.)
Exploitation of parents
- Demanding capitation fees/donation for admission.
- Not giving the receipts of fees-payment.
- Charging fees for information brochure, prospectus, admission form or an admission test (They’ll have to provide all such information on its website or notice board.)
- forcing students to purchase books, uniforms and other stationery from a particular shop.
- Insisting for private coaching in the school or outside after the school hours.
- Providing false or misleading advertisement.
Exploitation of Students
- Allowing students to appear for board exams, without conducting classes.
- Helping students to cheat during board exams.
- withholding students to appear in any examination (e.g. for not paying fees)
- expelling a student due to poor academic performance.
- Not showing answer sheets to parents/students.
- discrimination of SC, ST, OBC, physically challenged students.
- denying admission or expelling any student if he/she is reported to have any serious diseases such as HIV/AIDS.
- corporal punishment in class. (e.g. beating the students for not doing homework.)
- Any type of sexual harassment.
chewing accutane causing pain in thraot The bill proposes to setup following authorities
- State Education Tribunal
- National Education Tribunal
- They’ll receive the complaints and give punishments.
- Courts cannot interfere/give stay-orders in ^their proceedings.
- The burden of proof would be on the schools.
|Fine||10 lakhs (will goto the consolidated fund of India)|
We are against corporal punishment and instruct the teachers not to beat students. But a teacher cannot be forced to undergo jail term for punishing the students to follow the right path. (-Progressive Recognised Teachers Union (PRTU))
Which of the following statements are correct?
- Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) is composed to oversee the Right to education only.
- Union Minister for Social Justice is the chairman of Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE).
- Critically examine the need and feasibility for Universalization of Secondary Education in India. (25 marks)
- Write a note on the Salient features of Prohibition of Unfair Practices in Schools Bill 2012. (15 marks)
- Examine the need for Common School system in India (12 marks)
- Recommendations of Justice J S Varma Commission on teacher education. (10 marks)
- List the steps/initiatives taken by Government to promote Girl education in India? (10 marks)
- Central Advisory Board of Education (5 marks)
- A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.
- It is good to completely ban and criminalize corporal punishment of children? What about that saying “Spare the rod and spoil the child”?