here These terms are from The Hindu S&T, Nov.2012
- Cold Climate=Big Body size
- Migrantwatch and Seasonwatch.
- Bactrian camels and heavy-chain antibodies
- Ross Sea: Marine Protected Zone
- Lake Vida
- Hedonic Scale Method
- Mock Questions
- For most species of animals, body mass increases the closer you get to the poles.
- The bigger you are, the more fat you can store to help you get through the winter.
- bigger animals have a smaller surface area-to-volume ratio, which helps reduce heat loss- a pattern known as click here Bergmann’s Rule.
free levitra lowest price Two projects started by National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore, (NCBS)
These projects are aimed at involving common citizen in scientific research.
|participants in this activity identify migrant birds and note down the first sighting and feed it into the online database: www.migrantwatch.in||builds up baseline data about the flowering and fruiting of trees, to work on climate-season change from ecological angle. www.seasonwatch.in|
- Two-humped camel
- Found in cold deserts of central Asia. (China, Mongolia)
- They consume eight times more salt than cattle and have twice the blood glucose levels of other ruminants, yet do not develop diabetes or hypertension.
- They also produce unique disease-fighting proteins called heavy-chain antibodies, which interest pharmaceutical engineers.
- The Ross Sea, located in arm of the southern Pacific Ocean in Antarctica.
- Ross sea is populated by seals, whales, fish, penguins and other birds.
- Environment activists want to create Marine protected zones (MPAs) in Ross sea= where fishing would be totally banned.
- in East Antarctica
- hosts some newly discovered microbes, 60 feet below ice.
- Thus proving that where there is water, there is life.
- Right now, the lipstick colores are made using artificial chemicals.
- These chemicals can cause allergy and even cancer.
- Scientists have now found reddish-brown spores in squid skin that can be used for lipstick colors.
- They are screening it for consumer acceptance applying source url hedonic scale method.
- Hedonic Scale is used in food science, marketing research where the respondents indicate the extent to which they either like or dislike for a particular product sample.
- compound produced naturally by marine algae, currently under research.
- can be used for Treatment of stroke.
Q1 Which of the following is incorrectly matched
||UN project of Tracking human migration patterns.|
||found in Plant leaves, help in photosynthesis.|
||Project to build database of flowering, fruiting patterns in various seasons.|
- Only 1
- Only 1 and 2
- Only 3
- All of them
Q2. Which of the following is correctly matched
- Only 1
- Only 2
Q3. Which of the following is correctly matched
||It stipulates that animals at colder regions have higher bodymass.|
||Associated with Marketing research.|
- Only 1
- Only 2