- Exam comparison RBI vs Insurance assistant
- RBI assistant
- Insurance Assistant: work profile
- Insurance assistant: Cutoffs
Recently, RBI and various insurance companies announced large scale vacancies for assistants. This article should settle some basic doubts regarding job. Information courtesy of my old friend csl80 (Pagalguy) + Mr. Prashant Kundu and Mr.Susheel Ragade (orkut).
|RBI Assistant||Insurance Assistant|
|Vacancies||525 (less)||2600 (more)|
|Last date to apply||20 June||12 June|
|Exam date||20, 21, 27 and 28 July||14 and or 21 July|
|State wise vacancies?||Yes||Yes|
|Need to know state language?||Yes||Yes|
|Age||18-28 with relaxation for reserved categories, Widows and ex-servicemen.
Read notification for more
|18-28 with relaxation for reserved category.
Age relaxation also for Bangladeshi Migrants, Assam residents, existing employees of the companies.
Read notification for more, Click me.
|Educational||At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.||Graduate from a recognized University OR
Pass in HSC/Equivalent (12 pass) examination with 60% marks (50% for Ex-servicemen, SC/ST/PH)
|Penalty for wrong answer?||-1/4th (=25%)|
|Written stage||40 Questions each from GA, computer, Maths, English and reasoning. =Total 200 Qs, 2 hours.||50 Questions each from GA, computer, Maths, English and reasoning. =Total 250 Qs, 2 hours.|
|Sectional cutoffs?/ Minimum qualifying marks in each Section?||Yes according to the notification.||Notification is silent about this.|
|NOC from Ex-employer?||Candidates serving in Government / Quasi Government Officers, Public Sector undertaking including Nationalised Banks and financial institutions will be required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of Interview, falling which their candidature may not be considered and travelling expenses, if any otherwise admissible, will not be paid.|
|Initial salary (approx.)||21,419||15000|
|Pay scale||8,040 – 410 – 9270 – 500 – 11,270 – 550 – 13,470 – 650 – 15,420 – 720 – 16,140 – 990 – 20,100 (20 years)||7640-440(1)-8080-480(2)-9040-540(5)-11740-625(2)-12990-760(3)-15270-790(2)-16850-840(5)-21050|
Clerical job, entry of inward and outward of mail, data entry etc.
|Officers (Class 1)||
|Staff (class 3 and 4)||
(RBI doesn’t have class II, or atleast that’s what internet says hahaha).
- The working hours are quite limited 9.15 AM to 5.15 PM
- No one asks a class 3 (Assistants) to stay after office hours because then organization will have to pay overtime.
- holiday on weekends
- For Assistant post there is no transfer.
- For officer first posting will be out of home state and then transfer after every 5 years.
- After 3 years, there is usually an in-service (departmental) exam held for Assistant managers. But you should be ready for transfer.
- You cannot get into officer cadre without clearing that exam.
- Assistant manager’s exam involves subjects like RBI Act, English etc.
- Approximate 21419 per month but it comes with many allowances and perks so total is about 2,90,000/- per annum.
- other allowances, viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time.
- RBI’s accommodation subject to availability,
- reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose,
- Newspaper, Brief case, Book Grant,
- Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility;
- Interest free Festival Advance,
- LTC/ Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc.
- New Pension Scheme (NPS)
- if you want to remain in your home state, want to have good quality life , bring up children and get a decent salary or
- want to prepare for any higher level competitive exams
- for a female who wants to get a husband on the basis of a job .
- Dont expect any bribe , the only advantage is that you will get fresh currency notes!
- SSC also recruits “assistants” in central ministries but their promotion prospects are higher.
|KANPUR AND LUCKNOW||143||–||153||163||149|
|THIRUVANANTHAPURAM and Kochi||142||–||151||158||144|
So far Insurance Assistant job is concerned its same like bank clerk job only difference is 5 days a week in GIC
No information of cut offs available, because this is for the first time they are conducting common exam for four public sector general insurance companies.