In the previous article, we talked about the geographical factors affecting the location of the tea plantation industry in India and China. Moving to the next topic:
- Initially the Europeans that had settled in USA, consumed tea imported from Britain.
- But then King George imposed heavy tax on tea exported to USA => Boston tea party revolt + American war of independence=> tea supply halted= Americans switched to Coffee and thus USA became major market for Brazil and Columbian coffee cultivators.
|click here factor||impact|
|enter site Labor||
Let’s check some important coffee growing regions and factor responsible.
|levitra generico online italia consegna 24 ore Factor||Impact|
|fertility drugs besides clomid Soil||
|enter site Temp||
|Market||Universal demand, except where tea is the main beverage.|
Kerala=> Western Ghats + Nilgiri Hills region = suited for both Tea+coffee.
|Market||Kochi port to (mostly) Italy+local demand in South India|
5 marks/100 words
Explain the reason(s) for each of the following:
- Sugarcane is more economical to produce cane sugar beet.
- more cane sugar enters the world trader then beet sugar
- The invention of chocolate making was the greatest single factor in rapid expansion of cocoa cultivation
- chocolate making factories are located in importing countries rather than in cocoa-producing countries
10 marks /200 words
- Tropical and Sub-tropical regions are the chief suppliers of beverages to the temperate markets. Comment
- Plantation agriculture is essentially limited to the tropical and subtropical areas. What are the factors responsible for this particular concentration?
- Analyze the factor responsible for underdevelopment of Plantation economy near tropical regions.
- Examine the factors influencing commercial production of rubber in Malaysia or Tobacco in USA.
- Explain the geographical factors responsible for large-scale commercial cultivation of any one of the following pairs:
- Tea and Coffee
- sugarcane and sugar beet
- consider the basis of regional specialization in tropical beverages with special reference to any one major beverage crop.
- for any selected area, examine the relationship between development of coffee or tea because of following factors
- relief and drainage
- labour Supply
- government policy
For more, visit Mrunal.org/GEOGRAPHY