- This year UPSC had combined the prelims for Civil Service Exam (CSE) and Indian Forest service exam (IFoS). But their mains were kept separate.
- IFoS has a combined question paper cum answer sheet (like UPSC plans to do for CSE-Mains2013).
- But a separate “take home” Questionpaper was also attached with this answer sheet. ( click here so we can hope similar for Civil Service Mains 2013: a ‘takehome’ question paper!)
- The question paper http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=viagra-generico-200-mg-in-farmacia-senza-ricetta-pagamento-online-a-Firenze didnot mention word limit for the 8 markers or 6 markers.
- They dove comprare viagra generico 25 mg a Torino gave one page space for writing each 6/8 marker.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=viagra-generico-100-mg-italia-pagamento-online-a-Roma IFoS GK paper 2013 (compared to earlier years)
- In earlier years, for IFoS GK, they used to ask ‘big’ questions 10 marks, 15 marks, 20 marks per question. But this time, go here maximum mark for a question =only 8 marks.
- No options (i.e. write any 3 out of 4). All question were compulsory.
- Only one question on abbreviation (HTML). Earlier they used to ask plenty of abbreviations.
- No question on Maps.
anyways, without much ado, here is the IFoS GK Mains paper is given below. @CSE Mains 2013 aspirants also try to solve these questions.
source site Q1: Answer all five (8×5=40)
- Briefly highlight the contribution of Mauryas in the spread of Buddhism.
- Write a short note on the administration of Sher Shah Suri.
- Discuss ancient India’s trade with China.
- Write about the efforts of Congress party to solve the problems of Peasants during pre-independence period.
- Describe the achievement of Indian national army during British period.
http://buy-generic-clomid.com Q2: Answer all five (8×5=40)
- What is a ‘cloudburst’? Explain the impact of cloudburst.
- Where are the major coal mines located in India? Discuss the current issues concerning the mining of coal.
- What is ‘spot-fixing’ in cricket? Briefly discuss the impact the spot-fixing had on the IPL Tournament.
- Why do the petrol and diesel prices increase in India frequently? What impact these price rises have on the economy?
- Discuss the reasons as to why ‘outsourcing’ has become an economic beneficial mechanism for both ‘rich’ and ‘poor’ countries.
Q3: Answer all five (8×5=40)
- Define the role of the Governor of an Indian State during emergency.
- What are the main functions and responsibilities of the Gram Sabha under Article 243(A) of the Constitution?
- What is the impact of coalition politics in India’s decision-making process?
- Explain the implication of the Supreme Court ruling in 2013 in the context of electoral reforms in India.
- Give an account of the State reorganization process in modern India.
Q4. Answer all five (8×5=40)
- What is Television Rating Point (TRP)? Briefly point out the utilization of TRP in management of media channels.
- What is Breaking News? What purpose does Breaking new serve? Point out the misuses of the same.
- Advantages of remote sensing in forest management
- Explain: Carbon footprint, Carbon credit and Carbon sink
- Difference between Computer hacker and cracker? Discuss importance of firewall
Q5. Answer all five (8×5=40)
- What are the objectives of Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission?
- Discuss the main provisions of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) Act, 2005.
- Explain the Food Security Bill. What are its implications?
- What is acid attack? What direction the Supreme Court has given to the Government of India to curb these attacks?
- What is Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of FDI in multibrand retail sales.
Q6. Answer all five (8×5=40)
- Discuss the impact of opencast mining on environmental degradation.
- What is Jhum? How does it affect the environment?
- Explain the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) Programme 2013-2016 on biodiversity
- Explain the causes of forest fires and describe the methods of controlling it.
- What is an ecosystem? Classify them on the basis of risk or threat they are facing at present.
Q7. Answer all FIVE questions (6×5=30)
- What is dark matter? Discuss how it has opened a new area of research in Physics?
- What is wilting in plants? What effect does it have on food production? What
- measures can be taken against wilting in plants?6
- What is fibre-optic cable? How does it work?6
- Differentiate between ‘broadsheet’ and ‘tabloid’ newspaper. Discuss the content of ‘page-3’ and ‘op-ed’ page of a newspaper.
- What is HTML? What for it is usually used and how?
Q8. Explain the following in about 20 words each:
- Oriental Despotism
- Digital Slavery
- Nirankari Movement
Q9. Who/What are the following and why were they/these in the news recently?
- Razia Sultana
- Chris Gayle
- Ravuri Bharadwaj
- Adli Mansour
- Rituparna Ghosh
- Bodh Gaya
- Edward Snowden
- Miguel Trevino Morales
- Amar G. Bose