- Geography Paper I Section A
- Geography Paper 1: SECTION B
- Geography Paper II Section A
- Geography Paper 2: Section B
viagra mail order UPSC didnot apply uniform word limit here. In some questions: 15 m = 250 words and 25 marks=also 250 words! And in some questions 25 marks=400 words.
reputable online pharmacy for clomid Although skeleton remains same like earlier:
- There are EIGHT questions divided in two SECTIONS
- Candidate has to attempt FIVE questions in all
- Questions no. 1 and 5 are compulsory and out of the remaining, any three are to be attempted choosing at least ONE from each section.
- Word limit in questions, whence specified, should be adhered to.
- Illustrate your answers with suitable sketches, mops and diagrams. These shall be drawn in the space provided for answering the question itself.
- Attempts of questions shall be counted in chronological order. Unless struck off, attempt of a question shall be counted even if attempted partly. Any page or portion of the page left blank must be clearly struck off.
Write short notes on the following in about 150 words each: 10 marks x 5 = 50
- Differences between Normal cycle and Arid cycle of Davis.
- Differentiate Storm Surges and Seiches.
- Uniqueness of fauna in the Notogean realm.
- Impact of Pleistocene Ice Age on the crust of the Earth.
- Types of endemic plants and their degree of vulnerability to extinction.
comprare levitra senza ricetta Sardegna Answer the following in about 250 words each:
- With suitable examples, bring out the impact of local winds on the climate of an area. 20
- What are the characteristics that make CHC a serious threat to the ecosystem? Give examples. 15
- What is ‘Base level’? Explain the types of base level. 15
enter site Answer the following in about 250 words each:
- “Offshore Acoustic Study helped the development of the concept of sea floor spreading.” Explain.20
- Discuss Dew point and the various forms of condensation. 15
- Bring out the relationship between climate and vegetation in the Mountain Biome.15
Answer the following in about 400 words each: 25 x 2=50
- Compare the Subsidence and Glacial control theories on the formation of coral reefs. 25
- Explain the levels of Noise pollution and the legislative measures to control it. 25
Write short notes on the following in about 150 words each: 10 marks x 5 = 50 marks
- ”Ellen Churchill Semple is an ardent supporter of Determinism.” Explain.
- Role of Venezuela in the production and export of oil.
- Misra’s theoretical stages of Rural – Urban Process.
- Countries most affected in case of shut-down of Nuclear power.
- Relevance of Heartland theory in Contemporary world.
Answer the following in about 250 words each:
- What is Geriatrics? What are the problems associated with Geriatric population? 20
- Discuss the changing pattern of production and export of Coffee in the world. 10
- What are the basic postulates in the Central Place Model of Christaller? 20
Answer the following in about 250 words each :
- “Urban Solid Waste Management poses the greatest challenge in Metropolitan planning.’ Elaborate.
- Analyse the reasons for a comparatively poorer development of fishing grounds in tropical areas.
- Explain the parameters for assessment and the spatial pattern of Human Development Index in the world.
Write about the following in about 400 words each. 25 Marks x 2 = 50 marks
- “Urban Geography is nothing but city “in” area and city “as” area.” Elaborate.
- Analyse the causes for changes in the pattern of world trade.
see url the end of paper one, here comes paper 2 with same instructions (5 out 8…)
- On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your Booklet the significance of these locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural, in not more than 30 words for each entry : 2×5=10
- Mishmi Hills
- Lipulekh Pass
- Bees River
- Rihand Dam
- Explain the topographical and structural characteristics of the Siwalik Range. (10 marks| 150 words)
- Discuss the mechanism of Indian Monsoon. (10 marks| 150 words)
- Identify the main industrial clusters of India and account for their development. (10 marks| 150 words)
- Explain the method of delineating crop-association regions with reference to India. (10 marks| 150 words)
- Discuss the potentiality and present status of horticulture in the Western and Central Himalaya. (20m|250 words)
- Delineate the coalfields of India and mention their distinctive features. (15|150 words)
- Explain the role of multinationals in globalization of industries India. (15m|150 words)
- Distributional pattern of industries in India does not provide requisite basis for division of the country into distinct Industrial regions. Elaborate. (25m| 250 words)
- Discuss the role of institutional factors in shaping the pattern of Indian agriculture. (15m| 150 words)
- What do you understand by ‘Young India? How can the present state of population composition be converted into an asset for the country? (15m| 150 words)
- Comment on the feasibility of interlinking of rivers of India and its possible contribution to resolution of water crisis. (20m| 250 words)
- Define agricultural productivity. Mention the methods of its measurement and bring out the disparities in its regional distribution. (15m| 150 words)
- Discuss the problems in realization of benefits of globalization and liberalization in industrial sector of India. (15m| 150 words)
150 words each. 10 marks x 5 = 50 marks.
- City-regions as territorial unit for regional planning and development
- Snags in the Food Security Policy of India
- Demographic dividend and its implications on environment
- Planning and development of ‘Tribal Regions’ in India
- On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of these locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural, in not more than 30 words for each entry.
- National Highway No. 24
- Indira Gandhi Canal
- Write a note on geopolitics of the Indian Ocean realm. (20m| 250 words)
- Comment on the basis of creation of new States in India in 2000. (15m| 150 words)
- Enumerate the basic indicators of development and explain their application in identification of the spatial diversity in development in India. (15m| 150 words)
- Write a note on the emergence of National Settlement System in colonial India and discuss the factors contributing to urbanization in post-independence period. (20m| 250 words)
- Define slums and explain their problems. (15m | 150 words)
- Discuss the objectives of Vision 2020′ in creation of viable village complex in India for Inclusive Rural Development’ programme. (15m| 150 words)
- Identify the earthquake-prone zones and suggest strategy for their management. (20m| 250 words)
- Describe the impact of linguistic diversity on the development of various regions of India. (15m| 150 words)
- Describe how urbanization creates air and water pollution in India. (15m | 150 words)
click me For Geography 2012 question papers.
click me for geography 1979 to 2012 papers