acquistare vardenafil senza ricetta Lazio Background
- for the full historic coverage of Israel-Palestine, read my earlier article click me
- 2012: Palestine given UN Non-Member observer status, and thus become eligible to sign 63 international treaties.
- Now, Palestine wants Israel to release final group of Palestinian prisoners.
- But Israel not complying, and USA also failed to convince Israel.
- Therefore, to mount pressure on Israel, the Palestine President Abbas wants to join 15 UN agencies and international treaties such as Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations, child rights, anti-torture, anti-corruption convention and so on.
- How will it help? Under Geneva conventions, Palestine can file complaints against Israel, for its human rights violations and illegal settlements activities.
comprare viagra generico 50 mg spedizione veloce a Firenze Interview Q1: What will the impact on India?
- India has been historically backing rights of people of Palestine, PLO (Palestine Liberation Organisation) is also member of NAM.
- However, in the recent years, India is proactively engaged with Israel- for cooperation in defence and agriculture. They’re our 3th largest military supplier, including radars and AEW&C (airborne early warning and control systems). Therefore, we have lower down the voice against Israel.
- But If Palestine will become member of UN agencies than it will be difficult for India to walk on the tight rope and which side to lean towards.
- Obviously, India should stand for human rights and just treatment for the Palestinians, but a firm stand on any side should be according to need of the time.
follow link Interview Q2: What’ll be impact on USA / Israel?
- Not any immediate effect.
- But If Palestine will be successful in filing case against Israel in ICC or ICJ under any of those conventions, then it’ll be difficult for USA to protect Israel.
- Therefore, US Secretary of State John Kerry has asked Palestinian President Mohd. Abbas to withdraw his applications to join those treaty conventions. (Also Abbas rejected Kerry’s request.)
- As of now, other UNSC permanent members have not come forward for the support of either Israel or Palestine
- But if Russia or China would come forward to back Palestine than the situation might take a turn for the worse, in the already tense gulf region.
- And Russia will probably do so, just to distract world-attention from Ukraine, and put USA on defensive about Israel.
- In that situation, USA will have to flex its muscle to manoeuvre the international community to not to act against Israel.
online pharmacy viagra Interview Q. Why have Fatah and Hamas signed Unity deal? What’ll be its implication on Israel-Palestine relations?
- Hamas and Fatah =two rival factions of PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization).
- 2006: Hamas wins Palestine election but failed to form government
- 2007: rift between Hamas and Fatah => civil war.
- Both factions tried to reconcile in 2011 and 12 but no help.
|not important||Its leader Mahmood Abbas is the current President of Palestine authority.|
|Dominates Gaza & Coastal areas. Mostly poor & isolated regions.||Dominates West Bank area. Most populous and rich.|
||Moderate views than Hamas.|
||Egyptian army supports them.|
|Even Qatar has stopped supporting Hamas.||—|
miglior sito per acquistare viagra generico 50 mg spedizione veloce a Parma Fast forward to current issue
- July 2013: Peace talks begin between Israel & Palestine, USA plays mediator.
- These talks had deadline of nine months (=end in April 2014.)
- But peace talks failed because:
|USA||first time publically blamed Israel for failure of talks – Because Israel’s decision to build 700 more settlements in Palestinian territory|
Anyways, just one day before the talk deadline in April 2014, Hamas and Fatah propose to sign a peace agreement, with following features:
- We recognize Israel as a country (but of 1967 borders)
- We Renounce violence
- We Acceptance of previous Israel- Palestine agreement 2011 and Hamas-Fatah agreement 2012
- We’ll hold election within 6 months.
quanto costa il vardenafil contrassegno online Why USA-Israel unhappy with this “Unity Deal” between Hamas & Fatah?
- USA and Israel have declared Hamas as a militant/ terrorist organization. Hence direct negotiation with Hamas is against their official policy.
- USA declared that the pact is unhelpful and paused the talks.
- Some expert believe this is a tactic by Palestine leader Mahmood Abbas. He has not formally signed this treaty yet. This is a ploy to force Israel to release those $100 tax money.
- Israel’s stand: if Abbas signs this Unity Pact with Hamas=> we’ll hold him reasonable for every rocket fired towards Israeli settlements.
- EU Stand: Hamas is still a terror outfit under EU laws. We’ll recognize any deal between Israel-Palestine ONLY if Palestine is ruled by a “non-violent” regime.
Visit Mrunal.org/Diplomacy for entire list articles on Diplomacy & International relations (IR) for Mains GS2 paper of UPSC Civil service IAS/IPS Exam.