- Official cutoffs for CS
- Minimum passing marks: Prelims
- Prelim Cutoffs Comparison Last three years
- Minimum Passing Marks Mains
get link UPSC has declared the official cutoff marks for Civil service exam 2013 (Prelims, mains and interview stage)
|Exam||CS (Prelim)*||CS (Main)#||CS(Final)|
- *Subject to minimum of 30 marks in Paper-I and 70 marks in Paper-II.
- #Subject to 10% marks in each of the seven competitive papers i.e. Essay, GS-I, GS-II, GS‑III, GS-IV, Optional –I and Optional-II.
- From the above * and # , now we know UPSC’s official system of “minimum passing marks” (this was never disclosed in RTIs so far).
- it implies that if you failed to reach minimum passing marks in any one paper then they won’t select you for next stage, even if you get best marks in other papers.
- BUT overall merit list prepared by combing scores of both GS + Aptitue paper.
atleast __ MCQs
|CSAT (GS)||100 Q x 2 = 200||30||15|
|CSAT (Aptitude)||80 Q x 2.5= 200||70||28|
clomid ncaa drug test *assume no MCQs is wrongly attempted.
PS: unlike Bank exams there is no sectional cutoffs within an individual paper. (This is confirmed via RTI many times)
|out of 400||2011||2012||2013|
|Compulsory Indian Language||300||90*|
|TOTAL (ignoring Compulsory papers, they’re not counted in merit)||1750|
*UPSC officially mentioned these minimum passing marks of language papers, in the Notification of CSE-2014.
PS: In 2011 and 2012, UPSC did not have two options and two GS papers, so comparative table of 2011 vs 12 vs 13 is meaningless. Because entire mains system is changed.