UPSC has uploaded the marksheets of prelims and mains exams for every candidate (irrespective of pass / fail)
To check prelim score
Mains marksheet (those who failed in mains)
Mains + interview marksheet (those who cleared mains)
Cutoffs for Civil Service 2013 Exam
Already posted in previous article but putting here again for quick reference:
|Exam||CS (Prelim)*||CS (Main)#||CS(Final)|
In a recent ruling CIC (in June 2014) had ordered UPSC to give the photocopy of the mains answersheet to a candidate. So you can demand yours as well. Only then you can know where and why did good / bad marks.
Possible to file RTI online: https://rtionline.gov.in or via post
Drafting is pretty simply, copy paste following text
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road
Sub: Application under Right to information Act. Seeking my evaluated papers of Civil Service Mains 2013 Exam.
My roll number:
Kindly provide me the copies of my answersheets from Civil Service (Mains) examination 2013 for following papers:
- General Studies paper 1 to 4
- Optional subject paper I and paper II
- English language paper
- Indian language paper
As per the order of Hon’ble Chief Information Commissioner Shri Rajiv Mathur in CIC/SM/A/2013/001282/RM, dated June 3, 2014, he has held that every candidate has right to inspect / obtain a photocopy of his evaluated answer sheet in the civil service exam. Therefore, the said information cannot be denied / withheld under Section 8 of RTI.
RTI application charges
- With this application, I’ve added the requisite Rs.10 application fees via Netbanking / DD / Indian postal order drawn in favor of “Accounts officer,UPSC“
- I seek the information in paper format / electronic (CD) format
- Let me know additional charges for getting the requisite information.
Thanking you in anticipation
DONOT FORGET TO SIGN AND DATE
- Legally, you can demand the information in CD/DVD format by giving Rs.50, but UPSC babus never give CD/DVD and don’t even return 50 rupees. So don’t send additional money in advance right now. At this stage only Rs. 10 as fees for filing the RTI application.
- After recieving your application, he’ll write back to you asking for additional money for the photocopy/CD charges. Only then you send money.
- if you’re filing online and donot get conformation even after successful payment via netbanking, THEN DONOT Worry. you’ll get notified in 1-2 days that your application has been accepted. (happened with me in past, so don’t apply again in that case, one application sufficient.)
- if you’re filling online, you may also attach a PDF copy of your hallticket (as proof that it’s you and not some third party.)
- Legally information within 30 days. But UPSC babus deliberately reply the letter on the very last day before deadline. So assume 35 days.
- other than that, request all mains players to put their optional subject marks.
following interviews coming soon, but they’ve shared the marksheets with me in the meantime:
Rank 18 Dr. Roman Saini (Medical Science), First Attempt
Prelim= 125.34 GS +183.33 Aptitude= 309
GS I to IV: 97, 61, 108, 98,
Medical Science: 109, 112
Written 730 + Interview 154 : Total 884
Rank 50 Ms. Nima Arora (Public Administration)
Prelim GS 88 + Aptitude 160 = 249
GS1 to 4: 55, 67, 88, 112
Public Administration optional: 110, 86
(three digits score in pub.ad= *RESPECT*)
Written: 648+ interview 206 = total 854