- What is SCO?
- SCO: Dushanbe Summit 2014
- Why India must join SCO?
- Why India shouldn’t join SCO?
What is SCO?
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- 2001: Founded in Shanghai.
Nations associated with SCO
- Sri Lanka
oxford online pharmacy clomid and twins http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=levitra-senza-ricetta-Calabria Activities
- Mutual cooperation to fight again terrorism, separatism and extremism in Central Asia
- Joint military exercise such as Peace mission 2014 in China
- Even seen as Chinese counter against NATO.
SCO: Dushanbe Summit 2014
http://acrossaday.com/?search=canada-accutane Held at Tajikistan’s capital Dushanbe. source url Outcomes:
- We don’t want to create military political alliance like NATO.
- But regional security is our top priority.
- We’ll fight against terrorism, extremism, and drug trafficking.
- We’ll fight against “INTERNET TERRORISM”.
- Later we’ll sign an “Anti-extremism” treaty.
- After NATO-withdrawal, If Afghanistan becomes a ‘failed state” again, then SCO nations will have to face disaster.
- (America’s) missile defense shield programs are undermining global stability.
- 2015: we’ll jointly celebrate the 70th Anniversary of WW2. Russia will hold the SCO presidency
- formalized the legal, administrative and financial requirements for admitting new SCO members.
- Now it’ll be possible for India, Pakistan and Iran to join SCO.
- Education, research, cultural exchanges and other fancy things.
Why India must join SCO?
- Energy cooperation in the region TAPI strategic link in its extended neighborhood and South Asia. (already discussed in earlier article)
- SCO provides an alternative regional platform to discuss the Afghan issue. Because India has no veto power in SCO.
- If Pakistan joins SCO, then we must join- to ensure we can rebutt any stupid motions/resolutions put forward by Pakis on the SCO table.
- Indian interest in International North-South Transport Corridor to connect Mumbai with Abbas port in Iran. This route is shorter than the existing Suez Canal and the Mediterranean Sea
Why India shouldn’t join SCO?
- Not much compatibility between India’s security interest vs Chinese security interest.
- China does not look upon Paki sponsored anti-India organizations such as Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence, Afghan Taliban, Haqqani Network such as the Lashkar-e-Tayiba the Jaish-e-Mohammad, the Harkt-ul-Jihad-al-Islami and the Harkat-ul-Mujahideen.
- So, if India tries to move any resolution / blockade against such groups, the motion will not garner support from China and its puppet nations SCO.
Internal security principle differs
|Police should be the first weapon against internal security problems- like Naxals and secessionists.
||They use army as first weapon to handle internal security problems.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=levitra-senza-ricetta-Sicilia China itself a Cyber bully
- Terrorists now using cyberspace to recruit new people, hack websites and even planning financial terrorism. SCO can help fighting against them.
- But one of our main cyber security threats= (State-sponsored) Chinese hackers.
- So, it’ll be futile exercise to cooperate with China dominated SCO.