- Mizoram permits DESI liquor
- Kerala wants to ban DESI Liquor
- IPS training academy bans DESI liquor
- Tribal insurgency in pre and post-independent India
- 1995: Mizoram passed law to completely ban liquor.
- But later Government feels that “total” prohibition has harmed the state- because juntaa still drinking Deshi and dying because of hooch. (Zahrili-sharaab).
- 2014: new act, lifts “total” prohibition from the state.
- Now anyone above 21 years can drink- both deshi as well as videshi liquor. But he’ll need permit.
- New act raised fines and jail-terms for all type of drinking related offences.
- Any citizen can arrest drunkards but they have to hand them over to police or Excise and Narcotics officials.
source url New liquor policy to apply total prohibition within 10 years in phased manner
|Anti-Government argument||Pro arguments|
- Anyways, Under this policy, State Government planned to cancel bar licences of all hotels below the category of five-star (from 12-September onwards).
- Obviously, those bar owners did not like it, NOT ONE BIT. so they went to HC and then to SC.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=comprare-levitra-originale-pagamento-online follow site SC stayed the govt. order because of following reasons:
- flaw in the policy- drunkards can still goto five star hotels or the zero star Toddy shops!
- Policy is discriminatory and against constitutional right of equality – if state wants to impose prohibition then ban should be equally imposed on all the liquor selling shops- irrespective of stars.
- Only 10% of the govt. outlet will be closed every year.
- Govt. should educate the mass against harmful effects of liquor before the sudden and outright ban on the small liquor shop.
- Aruna Bahuguna: first lady director of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA), Hyderabad.
- SVPNPA = place where IPS probationers are trained.
- But recently a trainee IPS died after drowning in the swimming pool, under the influence of liquor.
- Therefore, Director has banned all types of liquor in the academy.