- Earlier, if a Hindu converted to another religion, he was not allowed to return back.
- Swami Shradhananda and Swami Dayananda Saraswati propagated suddhi movement- to accept people back to Hindiusm, who had earlier changed religion under pressure or coercion.
- 1921: Moplah reballion in Malabar. Hindu-Muslim harmony was lost, leading to chain reactions in India.
- 1920s: Arya Samaj began Shuddhi campaign. Particularly for converting Malkhana Rajputs back into Kshtriyas.
- As a counter responce- Muslim leaders begin Tanzim (organization) and Tablighi (propoganda / religious proselytisation) movement in N.India.
- Tanzim-Tabligh were mean to promote muslim prayers, orgnization and culture. Dr.Saifudin Kitchlew important leader.
http://vaspaceacademy.com/?x=viagra-jelly-free-pills&d8d=ac Gandhi on religious conversions
- B.R. Ambedkar and Pandita Ramabai Saraswati in Maharashtra had resorted to conversion as a form of protest against the iniquities of the Hindu caste society
- Gandh said “real conversion proceeded from the heart and a heart conversion was impossible without an intelligent grasp of one’s faith”
- Gandhi did not reject conversion, but disapproved religion-conversion done via force or inducements.
go to site why in news? Its leader Maulana Zubair Hasan died recently.
- Tablighi Jamat movement started as off-shoot of Deoband movement in North India
- to reform Islamic traditions during British era.
- By get link Mohmmad Kandhlawi in 1926,and then transformed into a missionary organisation.
- The movement followed fundamentals of sunni Islam.
- It has been a pacifist organisation,
- stays away from political issues
- spread across many countries including UK, France, Canada and Central Asian countries.
watch by the way, what is Deoband movement?
- The name Doband is came from a town in UP- Deoband
- Pan-Islamic movement, led by Nationalist Muslims like Sibli Nomani, Nantovi and Gangoi.
- Were against the partition of Pakistan along religious lines.
- Democratic, anti-imperialist, progressive interpretation of Islamic tradition, political freedom and equality.
ofcourse this is not part of ‘mains’ syllabus. But, some eccentric UPSC interview panel-members asking such things.
|Hitler||Made similar allegations in his book Mein Kampf. That Jew men were trapping German Christian women, thus polluting their racial purity.|
|UP Government||said in Highcourt, there is no Love-jihad in UP. (only Goonda-raj and Nakal-maafia)|
|Maneka Gandhi||Have not received any such complaint so far, in ministry of women and child.|
|Rajnath Singh||Home minister is yet to study this term.|
|Mrunal||We need following reform:|
Few yearsback, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh gave a suggestion -all the state assembly elections and parliament elections should be done simultaneously. Right now, there is some election or byelection here and there every few months, and as a result…
- Parties 24/7 involved in appeasement, sensationlization, communalism, pseudo-secularism, casteism, regionalism. But, none of them remembers Godhara, Love Jihad or Muzaffarnagar etc. once the election is over.
- even if party wants to reform (say leaving all communal-secular-caste thing and focus on rebuilding party with development agenda), yet there is not enough timegap- because there is some stupid election around the corner. so they have to fall back yet again to same communal-secular-caste thing as to stay in the debate.
- Lot of black money spent, to win such elections.
- Both Union and state governments announce lot of election-freebies, waste public money in newspaper ads to showcase their achievements- just before the model code of conduct begins.
- and When it comes to taking bold steps like petrol price hike, railway fare hike or removing LPG subsidies- they use the same “model code of conduct” as an excuse for not doing so.
Follow up to that-
- One person should be allowed to contest from one place only (so there is no vacant post and bypolls when they resign from one seat).
- there should be no by-polls anywhere. If someone is dead, arrested or resigns from the seat, consider it empty till the five year cycle ends. Because absence or presence of one MP/MLA doesn’t really affect ground development. Government can handover the MPLADS funds district administration directly- after all they’re the ones responsible to implementation.