|Ahmedabad||Hriday Kunj, Sabarmati Ashram. Mahatma Gandhi’s residence from 1917 to 1930. Modi and President Xi met here.|
- Kakinada port- once famous for rice-maize export to Africa.
- Government announced crop loan waiver to farmers.
|Antarctic||Ross sea in news because giant squid found ~350 kg|
|Australia||Cairns: G20 finance ministers meeting.|
|Bengal||Chintamani Kar Bird sanctury at Baruipur.|
|China||Xinjiang: clashes between Uighur muslims vs. outsider “han” Chinese.|
- Chitrakoot waterfalls, Tiratgarh waterfalls, Kangar Valley National Park, Shabari Emporium, Danteswari Devi temple.
- Government has decided to impose a cess on purchase of every packet of cigarette and each bottle of liquor.
- Will host Post Gaza war talks between Israel and Palestine.
- Google street view surveying pyramids of Giza.
- Other famous places: pyramids of Saqqara, Saladin’s citadel, and the ancient city of Abu Mena
- Hannover Messe fair (April 2015). Modi likely to attend.
- Amphipolis: archeologists trying to unearth Alexander the Great’s tomb. But other experts believe time waste exercise, because he was buried in Egypt.
- Yazidis: Kurdish-speaking minority in Iraq. Their religion similar to Hinduism. They worship Melek Tawwus, or the Peacock Angel. ISIS terrorists are murdering them.
- Kappatagudda Jungle area: Environment activists want a wildlife sanctuary here but Government dropped the plan.
- Banglore: Modi will do cleaning on 2nd Oct
- Vedavati river: MNREGA funds allotted for its rejuvenation.
- Niddodi- thermal power project.
- Meenmutty waterfalls, the second largest in the State.
- Kovalam beach near Thiruvanthampuram. Famous for tourism but juntaa declining due to uncertainty over Desi liquor policy.
- Singrauli: will be developed as Energy city, says Shivraj.
- Mhow: Dr.Ambedkar born here. CM Shivraj wants a national memorial here.
- Indore: global investors summit from October 9. Modi will launch.
|Maharashtra||VVPAT will be used for the first time in their state assembly election.|
- 2012: ethnic clashes between Rohingya muslims and Rakhine Buddhists.
- 2014: Government gave citizenship to a few hundred of those muslims.
- Government will also setup Rakhine SEZ.
|Punjab||World bank rated their rural water supply scheme as best in India.|
- Colombo Port city. Developed with Chinese funds.
- Chenchu tribe
- Hyderabad: its UIDAI office will give the Aadhar card to Andamans and Nicobar islands.
- Madurai: first in South India to have bone-marrow transplantation facility.
- ‘Malayalis’ tribes in Sivaganga region. PIL filed for their backwardness.
- Self-rule to Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- Paracel islands / Nasha islands: China and Vietnam have dispute over this.
- Cu Chi tunnels- near Ho chi minh city. Used as bunkers during vietnam war.
- Pranab visited during September