- NISAR Mission 2020: to measure land surface
- GSAT-16: Communication satellite
- GSLV-Mark 3 for “FAT” satellites in future
- Liquid Apogee Motor (LAM) to drive vehicle carefully
Combining space-tech related topics from September W1 to October W3, in three part series
- IRNSS: the desi GPS
- Stuff send to space: NISAR-mission, GSLV-6, GSAT MK-3
- Stuff build on land: TMT, INO, TOPS
Apart from this lot of ball by ball commentary happened- Comet Siding spring, ESA’s Rosetta Mission, NASA’s Orion mission, Lunar Eclipse, Blood moon. But I don’t consider them much important for Mains-2014. Although I’ve noted them down, will release them later under prelim space-tech series 2015.
acquistare viagra generico 100 mg pagamento online a Parma Topic in News: October W1, 2014
|Full name||NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) mission|
siti sicuri per comprare viagra generico 50 mg pagamento online a Verona What’s the purpose of this mission?
- Measure the changes on earth’s land surface, ice surface, glaciers, earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Find causes and consequences of such changes.
- NISAR will be the first satellite mission to use two different radar frequencies (L-band and S-band). Hence It can capture resolution even less than a centimeter of earth’s surface.
go site What’s the utility of such data?
- Understanding climate change
- Predicting natural disasters in advance.
enter Mock Question (GS3) Write a short note on NISAR MISSION 100 words.
watch Topic in News: SepW2, 2014
- Existing system: INSAT-3E at 55 Degree East Longitude.
- INSAT-3E is a communication satellite that powers DD and private TV channels, internet and radio signals.
- But INSAT-3E is getting old and outdated. Stopped working in March 2014, after serving for almost a decade.
- Solution? = replace it with GSAT-16
|Launch Vehicle||European Ariane-5 launcher|
follow Mock Question (GS3): Discuss the features and utility of GSAT-16 (100 words.)
Topic in news: Oct W3, 2014 (Because ISRO planning launch in next 45 days)
|Polar satellite launch vehicle||Geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle|
|First launch 1993||2001.|
|Can carry upto 1600 kg satellite||2500kg|
|Used for launching Indian remote sensing satellites (IRS) such as CARTOSAT, RISAT, OCEANSAT, RESOURCESAT||For launching Indian National satellites (INSAT) such as INSAT 2E, 3A…., GSAT-2,8,12.|
|Latest version is PSLV-XL. Can carry upto 1750 kg. It was used to launch Chandrayaan, RISAT. And in future, it’ll be used for Mars mission as well.||
Latest version of GSLV -Geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle.
|(ordinary) GSLV||GSLV Mk-3|
|Carry upto 2500 kg||
|49 meters tall||
|414 tonnes||629 tonnes.|
- Nov-Dec 2014: ISRO planning a test-launch it, using a dummy crew module.
|1st stage||Solid propellant|
|2nd stage||Liquid Propellant|
|3rd stage||Cryogenic Engine. (although during test-launch, ISRO won’t use this)|
source GSLV MK-3 has multi-mission launch capabilities:
- GTO (geo transfer orbit)
- LEO (low earth orbit), Polar
- Intermediate circular orbits.
- Therefore it can be used for launching satellites into different orbits, according to Mission requirement.
- Thus, GSLV MK-3 will make ISRO a competitive player in commercial launches of foreign satellites (and earn million$$).
http://buy-generic-clomid.com/about_generic_clomid.html Mock Question (GS3): GSLV MK-3 will augment the both communication and commercial operations ISRO. Elaborate (100 words.)
Topic in News: Sep W2, 2014
- LAM- Liquid Apogee Motor: is a special device on such liquid-fuel powered engines.
- LAM Helps moving the satellite to the precise orbit.
- LAM uses following chemicals: Helium gas, Nitrogen Tetroxide, Monomethyle Hydrazine
- ISRO originally designed this instrument for INSAT-2 and other communication satellite.
- Recently, ISRO used LAM on its Mars orbiter and on IRNSS satellites.
Mock Question (GS3): What is the utility of Liquid Apogee Motor (LAM) module developed by ISRO? (100 words.)