- Subhas Chandra Bose (1897-1945)
- RTI denied on Bose files
- Muthuramalinga Thevar (1903-1963)
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar (1891-1956)
- Mock Questions
- Born in Orissa, studied at Cambridge, passed Indian Civil service (ICS) without coaching, but did not join it. Tagore gave him the title “Desh Nayak”.
- 1920s: Upon Gandhi’s advice, Bose worked under mentorship of Chittaranjan Das, Participated in NCM and Khilafat and got arrested.
|1922||When Gandhi stopped Non-Cooperation movement (NCM) after Chauri-Chaura incident, Bose called it a “National Calamity”.|
|1927||Bose returns to India, but Bengal Congress fell into disarray after death of Chittaranjan Das. Bose contests election to become President of Bengal congress.|
|1920-34||Bose pens hisautobiography- “The Indian Struggle”, seeks help from European leaders but gets arrested.|
|1938||Bose is the President of Congress session at Haripur. National planning Committee was setup under Jawaharlal Nehru.|
|1943||Bose revives Azad Hind Fauj (INA), with recruitment of 60,000 Indians from Burma, Malaya and other Southeast Asian countries.|
|1945||Japan surrenders after Atomic bombings on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.|
|1956||Shah Nawaz Committee report says he died in a plane crash.|
|1970||Justice Khosla commission says the same.|
|2005||Justice Mukherjee commission report says Bose did not die in a plane crash, but he’d have died by now due to old age. Government rejected this report.|
One NGO files RTI, it is revealed that PMO has dozens of files on Bose, including:
- Bose’s letters to wife Emilie Schenkl and daughter Anita.
- Justice Mukherjee commission’s report on Bose’s death.
- Documents related to transfer of his ashes to India
- Files on the assets/treasures of INA (Indian National Army).
- file about Netaji’s mortals kept in Japan’s Rankoji temple.
Second NGO/website owner files RTI to get copy of Bose’s letters to his wife and daughter. PMO denies information under RTI section 8 (1)(a).
follow Section 8/1/a of RTI exempts information if it’ll negatively affect India’s
- India’s relations with foreign states
- India’s sovereignty and integrity
- India’s scientific, security, strategic or economic interests.
Although PMO did not specifically say our relations will be hurt with which foreign country.
http://theacademyolp.org/?search=trade-name-of-a-drug-vs-generic-viagra&593=66 2015, January: Left parties ask Modi to declassify the files related to Bose, and declare his birthday- January 23 as “Desh Prem Diwas”.
- Topic in news because Dr. Subramanian Swamy asked Civil aviation ministry to name Madurai airport after this freedom fighter.
- Muthuramalinga Thevar too had left Congress to create Forward bloc, along with Subhash Chandra Bose. (So according to Swamy- Congress gave step-motherly treatment to Thevar, just like Subhash Bose and Sardar Patel.)
- Thevar had spearheaded trade union movement in Madras presidency, and served as a member of parliament thrice.
- He was born at Mahu, Madhya Pradesh, went to Baroda, Columbia and London for higher education.
- Dr. Ambedkar was a recipient of the Bharat Ratna, educationist, Constitutional expert, legal luminary, social reformer and political leader.
|Federal distribution of Taxes||
|Irrigation||Pivotal role in setting up
- Subhash Chandra Bose supported Gandhi’s decision to stop NCM after Chauri Chaura.
- Bose was defeated by Gandhi’s candidate P.Sitaramayya at Haripur session.
- Both A and B
- Neither A nor B
free viagra for women Q2. Who among the following were closely associated with Bose?
- Captain Laxmi Sehgal
- Captain Mohan
- Chittaranjan Das
- Muthuramalinga Thevar
- Only 1 and 2
- Only 1, 2 and 3
- Only 1,2 and 4
- All of them
here Q3. Bose was elected as president of Congress sessions at ____ and ____
- Haripur, Tripura
- Tripura, Calcutta
- Haripur, Tripuri
- Calcutta, Cuttak
viagra pills 100mg england Q4. The title of S.C.Bose’s autobiography is
- Indian freedom struggle
- India’s struggle for independence
- Freedom struggle of India
- The Indian struggle.
source Q5. Which of the following were setup by Dr.B.R.Ambedkar ?
- Independent Labour party
- Republican party
- Forward Bloc
- Only 1 and 2
- Only 2 and 3
- Only 1 and 3
- All of them
http://acrossaday.com/?search=propecia-buy Q6. Subhash Chandra Bose was born in ____ and given title of ____ by Tagore.
- Kolkata, Desh Nayak
- Kolkata, Jan Nayak
- Odisha, Jan Nayak
- Odisha, Desh Nayak
click here Mains General Studies Paper 1
- Critically evaluate the contribution of Dr.B.R Ambedkar in pre and post independent India.
- Discuss in brief the Subhachandra Bose’s struggle for Indian independence.