- India, Democracy, Development
- Diplomacy, Globalization
- Religion, Society, Culture
- Education and research
- GS4: Ethics Paper
Write essay on following topics in 1500 words each.
- Importance of constructive criticism in a democracy. (Modi says criticism prevents democracy from wandering on a wrong path but that the same time baseless allegations weaken democracy.)
- All human rights revolve around three fundamental areas — dignity, freedom and equality
- Is Neo-leftist mindset an obstacle to development? [102nd Science congress says Neo-leftists are hurting scientific development- because of their constant opposition to GM-crops, nuclear power, privatization for efficiency etc.]
- The widening wealth gap and wasteful consumption. (This is one of the 3 themes at Parliament of World religions-2015 summit.)
- India with its non-imperialist and secular past- has lot of lessons for world peace and happiness. (RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat)
- India and China- the Epicentres of Asian geopolitics (Ramchandra Guha).
- Climate change: the tragedy of Commons.
- Can ever India catch up with China? (This Column)
- The inextricable linkage between Peace and Gender equality.
- Has religion itself become a modern form of enslavement? [Context: Amir’s movie PK.]
- Fusion of science and spirituality in a world divided between Chauvinists and rationalists. [Context: Indians knew how to fly planes 7000 years ago.]
- Goodwill, Tolerance and Brotherhood: the three pillars of a Pluralist society.
- Terrorism is the corruption of society as a whole
- Has social media commodified our privacy and gamified our social-bonds? (This column)
- Innovation has to be interdisciplinary in content and universal in application (Kerala Governor Sathasivam.)
- Market-oriented professional education or Academic liberal education? (Hamid Ansari says need fine balance between both)
- The problems of access, equity and quality in Indian education system. (Hamid Ansari)
- Reinventing India as an innovation nation (Lecture topic of Dr.R.A.Mashelkar)
- A home without books is like tree without birds. (yes, “if words are sharper than swords” can be asked in Mains-2014 then any clichéd quote can be asked.)
Comment / elaborate / discuss following statements:
- “Planning is a continuous movement towards desired goals.” (Nehru)
- A leader is only as good as his team. Elaborate with a historic example.
- Examine the need and suggest remedies for “Spiritual and moral renewal” in public service. [Pope says it is must because even Church officials are misusing public funds meant for poor].
- Throw away morality and justice, and people will do the right thing, Throw away industry and profit, and there won’t be any thieves. (Tao Te Ching)
- Self- the source of power, knowledge and happiness.
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:|
For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.