- Democracy, Development
- Society, Culture, Religion
- GS4 / Ethics
- Democracy is an exercise in public reason.
- The democratic, intellectual and military might of Modern India. [Kiren Rijiju says these 3 will shape India’s foreign policy in years to come.]
- Though Directive principles are non-justiciable, they are fundamental in the governance of the country. (Pranab)
- How can India convert it rapid urbanisation into an economic opportunity?
- Irony of Modern Economies: Heads the capitalist wins, and tails the system loses” (Rajanbhai)
- What should be India’s Foreign Policy framework- Hawkish or Dovish? (Kiren Rijiju says follow neither, but just be “firm and responsible”.)
- Ideological colonisation in 21st century. (Pope says when Western powers impose their views on developing countries before granting financial-aid- that is one type of ideological colonization. For example, if an African country passes law against Gays, then its financial aid is stopped.)
Society, Culture, Religion
- Without conversion of mind and heart, the social structure that perpetuate inequality, cannot be destroyed. (Pope)
- With the emergence of modernity, has religion as a social institution lost its hold over society and its people?
- Limits of “free speech” in contemporary society. (Context: Charlie Hebdo, Perumal’s Novel, Amir’s Movie PK)
- Civilisation: an evolution from barbarianism into intellectualism.
- No human progress is possible without emotional violence with benevolent intentions.
GS4 / Ethics
- “Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position” (Gandhi. And Niti Ayog’s press release quoted it.)
- Education is meant to strengthen one’s wisdom rather than making a living, isn’t it?
- “Let the windows of my mind be open to winds from across the world, but let me not be blown away by them.” (Gandhi)
- “To see every being as equivalent to one’s own soul, is the supreme means of attaining deliverance.” (Sankar Dev in Kirtan Ghosh)
- An efficiently governed State needn’t be a democratic State, should it?
- Improvement in governance is a continuous process. (Modi)
- Good governance requires a radical reorientation of mindsets and methodologies.
Want to participate?
Two ways to share your essay points
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.
||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:
- title and key-points of your essay
- URL link to your google doc
follow For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.