- Lecture1: P1- Overview of Economy preparation
- Lecture1: P2- Banking Monetary Policy
- Lecture1: P3- Bank Rate, Repo Rate, LAF, MSF
- Lecture1: P4- Limitations of Monetary policy
- My economy lectures for UPSC-2015 batch have started at SPIPA, Ahmedabad (run by Government of Gujarat.)
- I’ve requested them to record all of my lectures for this batch, so it can benefit aspirants at other places, through youtube.
- Although unlike Salman khan neither they nor I can make any “commitments” because of the technical glitches in a typical sarkari IT-setup.
- Anyways, First lecture was done on 16th January 2015, and uploaded. Total ~2:00 hours but I’ve split it into four parts. Click me to watch them
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at files.secureserver.net/0fxNJqSZOKiE4I
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles and English PPTs on the site.
- 7 Pillars approach for preparing Economy portion for various competitive exams in India?
- List of books: What to read, what to skip.
- Outline of my future lectures.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/KUGXdvm7Wa8
- Evolution from Barter system to Money system
- What are Financial Intermediaries?
- What is Monetary Policy?
- How can monetary policy be used to combat inflation and deflation?
- What is Dear Money policy and vs Cheap Money policy?
- What are the quantitative and qualitative tools of Monetary Policy?
- Time and Demand liabilities of a Bank (NDTL)
- NDTL, CRR, SLR- purpose, features.
- OMO: Open Market Operation.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/E5JU-mw9YDg
- What is Bank rate?
- What is Liquidity adjustment facility (LAF)?
- Difference between MSF (Marginal standing facility) and LAF?
- What is repo rate, reverse repo rate?
- What is policy rate? How can it be used to combat inflation and deflation?
- Bi-monthly Monetary Policy review-including the latest reduction in repo rate on 15th January 2015.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/hhbDboWq4JY
- What are the limitations of monetary policy in a developing country?
- How to strengthen monetary policy- recommendations of Urjit Patel Committee setup by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Accountability mechanism in RBI
- Further reforms in RBI organization structure.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/e6mKj02YGHI.