- L1/P5: Banking: Qualitative Tools of Monetary Policy
- L0/P1: How to kick Start GS Prep for Prelims?
- L0/P2: History & Culture for Prelims?
- L0/P3: Geography, Environment & Science for Prelims?
- L0/P4: Notes making for UPSC & Current Affairs from Hindu?
- L0/P5: Time Management, Failures & Career-Backup?
- Second lecture was done on 23th January 2015, and uploaded. Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into six parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles and English PPTs on the site.
This is continuation of monetary policy topic, which was started in first lecture…..
- Recap of the Earlier lecture: quantitative tools & their utility in controlling money supply, inflation and deflation
- Measures of money supply: M0, M1, M2, M3, M4 & technique to memorize it
- What is Margin requirement or Loan to Value ratio?
- Qualitative tools of Monetary policy: Consumer credit control, down payment, Credit Rationing, Moral suasion, direct action
- Priority Sector Lending norms in India- its features, penalties- RIFD, SEDF funds.
- MCQs from Previous Prelim exams from this topic.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/HJXkluvbPF8
Powerpoint Link: files.secureserver.net/0fxNJqSZOKiE4I
This is a separate lecture for completely new players on how to begin GS preparation…..
- 7 Pillars of general studies preparation.
- Analysis of CSAT-2014 Paper
- Why is it essential to finish Polity and Economy first, before other subjects?
- How to approach Polity in a systematic manner?
- Polity preparation beyond M.Laxmikanth
- Brief outline on GS-Economy preparation. (Separately covered in another video)
- Timeframe for finishing Polity and Economy syllabus.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/zGj_ifNJXhM
- Difference between Old NCERT & New NCERT? Which ones the approach?
- Myth breaking: Will you fail if you don’t have Old-NCERT?
- How to approach Culture and Ancient History? What books to avoid?
- Why do toppers skip preparation of Medieval History?
- Importance of theHindu newspaper for preparation of History-Culture?
- Why you must solve MCQs from GS Manual for History?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/sQstgRHuTEE
- Analysis of CSAT-2014 paper: Geography, Environment & Science.
- How to approach NCERTs in a systematic manner for these subjects?
- Geography: which areas to focus, which ones to ignore?
- Environment: why cost:benefit is bad? Minimum essential preparation?
- How UPSC examiners setup tricky questions- why person must study NCERTs irrespctive of graduation/PG?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/xtymIEnJHeM
- Which newspapers and magazines to focus, and why?
- Secondary sources of preparation and why first timers should ignore them till core syllabus is finished?
- Important of theHindu newspaper for UPSC preparation, How to get Hindu at your place?
- Within Hindu- What to focus, what to ignore? Mrunal’s “00P, P+M, M+I & Z_ignore” approach(TM)
- Notes making: paper note vs. electronic notes.
- When Notes making is not required.
- Importance of Mindmaps for Humanities Optional subjects.
- Various Softwares and Apps for notes making and study-aid.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/ADZetIrWbj0
- Difference between study hours and quality study hours?
- Common reasons why candidates repeatedly fail in the exam?
- Why advanced planning is necessary for career backup?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/dNvxMQKs2T0