- Tied up with Xiomi company to give 4G mobile “Redmi Note” at Rs.9,999/-
- Will expand to movie production business.
- Kenstar will sell its next range of split-ACs through Amazon only.
|Asus||Launched new cheap notebook series “Asus Eebook X205” priced at 14,999/-|
|Facebook||Will created 4 Billion$ impact and 3.35 lakh jobs in Indian economy- says consultancy firm Deloitte.|
- Provided $1 billion finance to Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) company. Elon Musk is the founder of Space-X
- Decided to stop its “Google glass” eye-wear, but promised to release new consumer-friendly version soon.
- To counter Apple-pay, google has purchased Softcard- a mobile payment company of USA.
- Interested in partnering with indian government for “Digital India” campaign.
- Launched voice guided navigation feature for 20 Indian cities in Google maps.
|Hike||Purchased “Zip Phone” company- to improve its voice calling features.|
|HP||New touch screen computer “HP Sprout”. It’s a touch-screen computer that scans objects and turns them into 3D file|
|Infosys||CEO Vishal Sikka met Modi and promised to spend $250 million in innovation fund.|
|Lenovo||Introduced “Anypen” techonlogy in its yoga series tablet-laptops. Now you can write on the screen using any oridinary pen. Don’t need separate stylus.|
|Microsoft||Showcased its upcoming “Hololens” holographic device and Partnered with Idea mobile for billing apps purchased from Windows store.|
|Microsoft||Suspends support for Windows-7. although security patching will continue till 2020. 50% of desktop PC run on Win7.|
|No hiring||when Steve Jobs was alive, Adobe, intel, Google and Apple had made an informal pact, not to hire each other’s employees. An antitrust case was filed and they agreed to settle it ~400 million with the affecting employees.|
|Ola||Mobile app based taxi company- launched “Ola Pink” run by Women taxi-drivers in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Pune and Ahmedabad too.|
|Onida||Launched Smartphone-controlled Acs based on IoT (Internet of Things)-technology|
|Oracle||New production Development chief Thomas Kurian, with family ties in Kerala.|
|Ringo||A new international calling app- far cheaper than mobile service providers, Skype and Viber.|
- Samsung Z1: company’s first smartphone powered by Tizen Operating system. Price 5700/-
- First time profit declined in 3 years. Reason: Price wars in mid-segment mobile phones. Solution: Samsung is working on Quantam Dot TVs, Internet of things technology and metal-body smartphones to boost revenue next year.
- CEO Kunal Bahl.
- Company grew by 600% in the year 2014, because of aggressive advertisement
- 65% of Snapdeal orders are booked from its mobile App.
- Snapdeal has tied up with IndianPost, to sell Varanasi weavers’ products.
|Suzuki||Suzuki’s Chairman Osamu Suzuki, and Maruti Suzuki India’s chairman RC Bhargava laid foundation of new plant at Hansalpur, Gujarat.|
|Tablets||Research firm Gartner says Tablet sales will be slow in 2014, and the gap between sale of Windows phones and apple phones will reduce.|
|Tata||Got permission from regulatory bodies to purchase Docomo.|
|TCS||Allegedly Began mass sacking of “non-performer” employees.|
|TomTom||Amstrdam based firm launched new GPS-enabled sport-watches for India, from 12,999/- onwards.|
|Twitter||Launched new service “While you were away” – to notify users about missed tweets.|
|Vodafone||Sunil Sood replaced Martin Pieters as CEO.|
|Vodafone||Sunil Sood replaced CEO Marten Pieter.|
|Xiaomi||launches flagship phablets Mi Note, Note Pro. Priced 23k onwards.|
- Encrypted email service by Sridhar Vembu.
- USA’s NSA found it difficult to crack Zoho.