- The economic survey related articles will be published after I’m done reading and researching myself.
- In the meantime, here’s the recoding of my lecture series on budget and economic survey at SPIPA, Ahmedabad.
- Third Second Session 2:30 hours- covering two major topics GST and GDP.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
- recap of the previous lectures on fiscal policy
- sales tax and cascading effect explained
- Value added tax (VAT) and input credit system.
- What are MODVAT and CENVAT?
- Why do we need goods and services tax?
- 122nd constitutional amendment Bill 2014: salient features of.
- GST council: structure and functions
- list of union and states indirect taxes to be subsumed under GST regime
- What are CGST, SGST and IGST
- Four benefits of GST: Efficient logistics and warehousing, Ancillarisation, Same “Base” computation and Zero rated Exports.
- Four Challenges in implementation: High revenue neutral rate (RNR), Compensation to states & 14th Finance commission, Registration threshold and Misc. issues.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/U6HF7Q3Yo_0
- definition and formulas of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), GNP, NNP, net national income and net disposable income
- Three methods of calculating GDP: income method, expenditure method and production or gross value added (GVA) method.
- Modification done by CSO (Central statistical Organisation) in the calculation of GDP and its base year
- Criticism against the new CSO method for calculating GDP.
- Sectoral growth rate data from economic survey, ascending descending orders for MCQs.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/SNP2b9i8b44
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.