- International Places in News
- National places in news
- Persons in news (PIN) for February And March 2015.
- Utility of the article: non-UPSC exams and dozens of college admission entrance exams like Hotel Management, CLAT etc. lined up next 1-2 months.
- Part 1: official appointments, Committees, civilian awards and dead in news.
- Part 2: international places in news and states in news. You’re here.
- Part 3: books and movie awards in News. coming soon
- Part 4: Sports and BizGK. coming soon.
|Australia||Indian national, Prabha Arun Kumar brutally murdered.|
|Brazil||Millions protest against prez. Dilma Rousseff for corruption and economic downturn.|
|Chile||Massive forest fire at historic port city of Valparaiso. 15000+ people had to be evacuated.|
|Fiji||Capital Suva. President Baldwin Lonsdale. Dozens killed in Super Cyclone Pam.|
|ICANN||Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) CEO Fadi Chehadé visited India. This Non-profit organisation administers global DNS ( domain name system)|
|ICC||In the 90s, after the breakup of Yugoslavia, the Croatia and Serbia armies had murdered each others civilans but in the latest ICC verdict absolves them of committing pre-planned genocides|
|Indonesia||Two Australians facing death row for drug-trafficking. They appealed to President Joko Widodo for mercy.|
|Iraq||Zekra Alwach, 1st woman Mayor of Baghdad|
|Iraq||UN human rights commission says ISIS committed genocide against Iraq’s Yazidi minority. International Criminal Court (ICC) must deliver justice.|
|Iraq||IS targetes tomb of Nabi Yunus (the prophet Jonah), and the grave of Abu al-Hassan al-Jazari (aka Ibn Al-Athir)- a noted historiographer from 12th century.|
|Israel||Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wins for third time. He belongs to Likud party. Name of parliament is Knesset. Capital Jerusalem.|
|Liberia||Capital MONROVIA- children finally returned to school, after country declared ebola free.|
|Malaysia||Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim was earlier jailed for homosexuality charge. His family seeking royal pardon. Capital KUALA LUMPUR|
|Maldives||Maldives government arrested ex-President Mohammad Nasheed under anti-terror law for ordering arrest of a senior judge in 2012 and sentenced to 13 years prison.|
|Mauritius||PM Aneerood Jugnauth received Modi. Mauritius celebrates their national day on 12th March to pay homage to Gandhi’s dandi march in 1915.|
|Nigeria||Capital Abjua. Army plans to takeover Gwoza town. Earlier Boko Haram terrorist group capture this town.|
|Russia||1 year completed of Crimea’s accession to Russia.|
|Seychelles||President James Alix Michel received PM Modi|
|Sierra Leone||Ebola affected Sierra Leone orders complete lockdown of 2.5 million people in their home for 3 days to stop the spread of virus.|
|Spain||dug the remains of of Miguel de Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote from Madrid. He had died in 1616, before Shakespeare.|
|SriLanka||Indian PMs who visited Sri Lanka (1) Morarji- he even address their parliament in ’79 (2) Rajiv who signed Indo-Lanka accord in 87 and (3) Modi, who will address their parliament.|
|Thailand||Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha lifted martial law.|
|Tunisia||ISIS terrorists killed dozens in the national museum at Tunis.|
|Vanutu||Cyclone Pam ravaged Pacific nation Vanutu (capital Port Vila). Its president Baldwin – Lonsdale seeks world help.|
|Yves Daccord||DG of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)|
|Zimbabwe||President Robert Mugabe admits his land reforms were epicfail because he gave black farmers large track of land seized from white farmers but they never fully utilized it.|
- The Jawaharlal Nehru University’s library now has its own “Google-like” search engine, where a single window search is all that is required to access all its electronic resources.
- Dastkar Basant Festival held in Delhi.
- Delhi University implemented Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). HRD ministry asked for explanation.
- Delhi becomes first State to launch e-ration card service. Beneficiary can download it from Government site, printout and get entitlements from PDS shop.
- Delhi hosts Urja Sangam 2015, a global energy summit. Here, Modi asks rich people to voluntarily give up LPG subsidy, thereby reducing Government subsidy bill by 100 crore rupees.
- The Delhi Metro launched a 24×7 IVRS helpline. IVRS=Interactive Voice Response System. Number 155370.
- Delhi Government will install statues of freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru in the premises of the Delhi Legislative Assembly. They’ll also update school syllabus with their biographies.
- AAP Government to table 4th Delhi finance commission report in vidhan sabha, under Article 243/I.
- Delhi University is hosting legal aid clinics to offer free advice on questions of law and consultations on matters like property rights.
- Under Smart city initiative, Delhi Muni. Will put ‘smart signages’ on historic monuments. Just scan their QR code in mobile and you get all information on smartphone.
- Asian women’s film festival held.
- At Karkardooma, DDA will be building Delhi’s tallest tower, skywalk, helipad and the largest promenade.
- World Architecture Festival held.
- NDMC will auction Taj Mansingh hotel after its 33 years old lease expires.
- CBSE class 12 paper said to be the toughest paper in recent years. Hence informally board thinking about giving marks in a lenient manner.
- Delhi police has began of Whatsapp and Hike group called “Himmat” using phone number 8800001091, where women can lodge complaint against sexual harassment. However, miscreants are uploading porn clips in the same Himmat group. Tired police finally decided to take action against such people.
- Delhi Government will not give permits to taxis unless they install GPS meters for women safety.
- ‘Vanaj 2015’ Tribal festival held at Delhi
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has been voted world’s best airport in the 2540 million passengers category, by the Airports Council International (ACI) for the year 2014.
- Delhi government stops the termination of contract employees till further notice.
- Vijender Gupta to be the leader of BJP in Delhi assembly floor.
- Govt bars entry of journalists in Secretariat, because they act as power brokers
- Muni. Councilors alleage that Kejriwal’s ban on demolition drive has motivated poors to indiscriminately setup slums everywhere overnight.
- Financial crisis in Delhi Muni. – they can’t pay 70,000 employees next month. Students won’t be given new shoes for the same reason.
- To stop the nuisance of >8500 Monkeys in Delhi, municipal corporation will install ‘power fencing’ or ‘simian tape’ around Government buildings. The fence will give a very low voltage shock to the animal. Although some NGO planning to approach saying this is animal cruelty.
- annual Jashn-eBahaar Mushaira: India’s biggest non-political Urdu poetry symposium
- The annual event “Udyanotsav” was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The gardens will remain open to the public from February 14 to March 15
Yash Bharati Award given to 56 people. Award includes 11 lakh rupees, citation and shawl. Notable names are:
|Classical singer||Shubha Mudgal|
|Sufi singer||Rahat Ali Khan Sabri|
|playback singer||Kailash Kher|
|Urdu poet||Bekal Utsahi|
|music director||Ravindra Jain|
|Bhajan singer||Anup Jalota|
- Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav has unveiled the “Development Agenda for 2015-16” with its focus on infrastructure and human resource development and transparency in administration.
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to commence online “darshan” of Kashi Vishwanath temple in Varanasi.
- IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurates Wi-Fi zones in two ‘ghats’ – Dash ashwamedh and Sheetla.
- UP State government launches Rani Laxmibai Bravery award for women, and Rani Laxmibai fund for Acid attack victims.
- Ram Manohar Lohia’s 105th birth anniversary celebrated.
- Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel aquitted in Hashimpura massacre in Meerut.
- U.P. govt. suspends debt recovery from farmers after hail storm destroyed their crop.
- A Blind circus elephant ‘Suzy’ has been rescued and will be rehabilitated in Mathura.
- Free medical aid to all victims of Swine Flu
- CM asks youth to celebrate valentine’s day as “Taj day”
- 26 year old Manoj Kumar declared the “National general Secretary” of BSP, by Mayawati.
- Ghaziabad police will represent India at the United Nations seminar on human trafficking in Africa
- Uttar Pradesh CM proposes Agra, Lucknow, Varanasi “Heritage Arc”. This will boost tourism in the state.
- Uttar Pradesh Rural Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences to be setup in Saifai, the home village of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav in Etawah district.
- CM launched a direct AC bus service between Varanasi and Kathmandu to promote Buddhist tourism circuit.
- SC criticizes UP Government for irregularities in compensatory afforestation fund for Taj Trapezium Zone (TTZ) in Agra.
- Sarus Crane is the official bird of UP state. NGT orders declaring Dhanauri and Parasaul as wetland to protect this species.
- UP land acquisition rules updated: Land for the development of State-funded projects in Uttar Pradesh will now be acquired through mutual agreement with land owners and land holders.
- Uttar Pradesh Goonda Control (Amendment) Bill, 2015: new provisions added for cattle smuggling, sexual exploitation, child labour, bonded labour, beggary and the illegal trade in the removal of body parts.
- UP Government increased pension for people detained in MISA ( Maintenance of Internal Security Act ) and DIFR (Defence of India Rules). They’ll get Rs.10,000 pension per month.
- Assi Ghat, Varanasi: — Subah-eBanaras — that draws large numbers of visitors every morning.
- months, this amalgamation of culture, music and yoga has now become an integral part of the itinerary of every tourist visiting Varanasi.
- Minister of Health Mr. Shankar Chaudhri himself got swine flu
- Authorities destroy Illegal shrimp farms in Bharuch district.
- Narendra Modi temple in Rajkot. Although after his displeasure, the organizers decided to shut it down.
- Gujarat’s first plastic park will be setup at Dahej.
- 2014: Gujarat local authorities bill 2009 passed- it provides for compulsory voting in the local bodies and 50% reservation to women therein. 2015, Oct: Gujarat election commission will Offer the option of online voting in the six municipal elections.
- St Xavier’s College introduces double evaluation system in the exams to prevent arbitrary marking by the examiners.
- Solar Impulse 2 (Si2), the world’s first solar aircraft that aims to circumvent globe without a drop of fuel. It began journey from Abu Dhabi and landed in Ahmedabad. Pilots cum developers are Andre Borschberg and Bertrand Piccard from Switzerland. Aircraft weight: 2300, wings larger than Boeing 747 but weights just like a car.
- SEWA founder Ela Bhatt appointed as Chancellor of gujarat Vidhyapeeth.
- Naroda Patia massacre convict Babu Bajrani says he is going blind, so he should be spared from capital punishment!
- ABVP-Gujarat founder Narayanrao Bhandari (Nana) dead.
- SC upholds the removal of Vipul Chodhry as as chairman of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation through a no-confidence motion
- JAIPUR: National Arogya Mela here.
- Reliance Power signed MoU with Rajasthan state Government to develop 6,000 MW of solar power projects in the State. + Launched 100MW dhirubhai solar park @ Pokaran in Jaisalmer district
- Camel is the state animal of Rajasthan. Now State government has passed the law- slaughter / cruelty to camel Punishable up to 5 years jail and fine.
- As per Water Sanitation Hygiene programme for school (WASH)- 1 toilet per 80 boys and 1 toilet for 40 girls required
- but not even 30% of Rajasthan schools meet the norms for girl toilets.
- Rajasthan HC ordered the state government not to grant permission to any new school/colleges if they don’t meet such norms.
- State Government aims to launch health insurance scheme for people covered under food Security act. Critics argue This is a ploy to handover public health care system to private clinics (because Government will simply pay money to beneficiary irrespective of whether he gets treated at a public hospital or a private hospital.) need of the hour is hosting the public health Infrastructure.
- Adani Enterprises to develop 10,000 MW solar parks in Rajasthan
- Agri Leadership Summit 2015, a watershed of agriculture technical knowhow and activities.
- State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Haryana was hacked by ISIS.
- Government orders private schools to give 10% reservation to poor kids from class 1 to 10.
- Surajkund Mela begins today,Haryana, at the 29th Surajkund International Crafts Mela
- Previously Himachal Pradesh assembly became paperless by adopting E-technology. Now Haryana planning the same. And Modi cabinet to use kindles instead of papers.
- Government Tied up with an American university, set up a Newborn Screening (NBS) Laboratory to trace any possible disease in new born babies.
- GURGAON: The Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC Ltd), the country’s leading housing finance company, launched its first school here. HDFC chairman Deepak Parekh launched it. School will be affiliated to the CBSE.
- Agri Leadership Summit 2015 held at Gurgaon, over 1 lakh farmers attended.
- 10 years jail proposed for cattle slaughter.
- Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Bill passed to ban cow slaughter. Jail upto 10 years + fine.
- Haryana government will begin excavation to find mythical Saraswati river. It is believed to be originated from Shivalik Foothills in Adi Badri area. Pro- more water the better for agro and drinking. Anti- excavation without any scientific study, just for vote bank purpose.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said that Haryana would give Delhi its share of water, alone not sufficient. Other states also need to share water.
- State Government planning to announce a new industrial policy.
- Haryana had appointed Justice T.P. Garg Commission to probe Sikh massacre in Hondh-Chillar village (Rewari dist.) after Indira’s assassination. Report submitted to state Government, and accordingly victims to be given 5-10 lakh rupees compensation.
- To give Metro connectivity between Faridabad and Gurgaon, the Haryana government has requested the Union Ministry for Urban Development to construct a Metro link between the existing Qutub Minar and Badarpur stations by 2018.
- State Government planning to give ‘on the spot’ approval for certain business categories.
- FIR against Congress Rajya Sabha leader Renuka Chowdary under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, in Khammam, for she allegedly took money from a tribal woman to give her election ticket.
- TIRUCHI: The Tiruchi international airport has been declared the best among “non-major” airports in the country, according to a nationwide survey conducted in 2014. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) had commissioned two independent agencies to carry out the annual survey
- Under Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014, Hyderabad was given to Telangana. Andhra Pradesh to setup new capital Amaravathi. Name inspired from Amreshwar Temple located 35 km away from Guntur at Krishna river banks. This area was once the Satvahan seat of power (2-3 BC). Since then, it continued as the capital of many Andhra dynasties. Largest Andhra stupa was built here (150-200 AD).
- Union Government will give Rs.1500 to Andhra to develop to new capital. MoU signed with Singapore for designing this capital, city will take ~10 years to develop fully. Criticism: this Guntur region very fertile, 3-4 crops taken a year and now Government will acquire such fertile land= food security hurt and urban heat islands created.
- Union Government to setup a power training institute in Andhra Pradesh to study mining, transmission losses, renewable energy etc.
- BigB to launch ad campaign for Mumbai heritage, similar to “Khushbu Gujarat ki”.
- Government scraps 5% Muslim quota in Government jobs and admissions. But those who already got job/admission- they’ll continue to stay.
- President approves the bill to ban slaughter of cows, bullocks and buffalos in Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra government planning to give insurance cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh a hectare for mango farmers affected by unseasonal rain in the State.
- NGT orders ONGC and other bodies to pay ~95 crores to the traditional fishermen families of Raigad district in Maharashtra. This is the highest compensation order passed so far.
- Suburb trains to have electronically closed automatically sliding doors. This will prevent passengers from falling from an overcrowded train.
- Maharashtra government contracted Larsen & Toubro to setup ~6000 CCTV cameras for surveillance over entire Mumbai.
|Andhra Pradesh||Singapore government has appointed Gopinath Pillai as Special Envoy to Andhra Pradesh to give advice about building the new capital.|
|Goa||Goa Government doesn’t list Gandhi Jayanti (2nd Oct) in state public holidays. Later apologizes for Typing mistake.|
|Karnataka||Suicide/ suspicious murder of Karnataka IAS officer DK Ravi.|
|Kerala||THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: 67th National track cycling championship held.|
|Tripura||Traditionally, the left parties objected to new pension scheme and PFRDA. However, Tripura likely to join NPS soon.|
Visit Mrunal.org/PIN for Persons in news, books-authors, awards and sports related current affairs for IBPS, SSC, CDS, CAPF, ACIO and state service exams.