- L7/P9: IT infrastructure: Digital India Mission, E-Kranti
- L7/P10: Communication Infrastructure: Spectrum Auction 2015
- On 5th May 2015, my the session on IT communication infrastructure.
- Total about 1:15 hours, split into 2 parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at mediafire.com/folder/2bb433i58hp2v/General_Studies_Mrunal
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
- Digital India mission: 9 pillars- Broadband Highway, Public Internet, Universal Mobility, E-Governance, E-Kranti, Info. to all, ZERO import, IT jobs and Early Harvest programs
- E-Kranti project: sub-modules
- Mock question for mains: Discuss the importance of Digital India mission to bridge divide between India vs Bharat / Rural vs Urban India
- Mock question for mains: To reap India’s demographic dividend, its existing society & economy must be transformed into digital empowered society and knowledge economy respectively. Discuss the significance of Digital India mission in this context.
- List of self-study topics from India Yearbook Chapter 8 on Communication and IT
- Additional measures to improve broadband penetration in India
- Involving private sector for internet penetration: White-Fi, Internet.org, Solar drones, Helium balloons and net neutrality.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/z02VrePzpeI
- Spectrum related theory- various bandwidths and their real life applications
- 2G scam, National telecom Policy 2012: salient features of
- Spectrum auction 2015: mechanism, benefits and challenges from Government, companies and customers’ point of view.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/vxN1SBltMpA
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.