- ML2/P1: Policy design & implementation for GS2
- ML2/P2: Hunger, Food security & food processing
- ML2/P3: Public Health- IMR, MMR, MDG; Public health policy, AYUSH
- Continuation of my lecture series on Mains revision – only selected topics will be covered
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download
- Mock Question for GS2 – Often, the government interventions for welfare of poor, either don’t elicit required enthusiasm from their side or deplete fiscal resources without yielding desired results. According to you, what parameters should be followed during design & implementation phase to avoid these issues. (200 words)
- World Bank Development Report 2015- Poverty’s cognitive tax and social tax aspects and implications for policy maker in designing new policies, schemes, launch
- Economic survey observations about Subsidy distortion effect.
- Recommendations of NITI Ayog Shirvraj Singh panel for restructuring of centrally sponsored schemes (CSS)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/-WgbUpXnwrk
- Mock Question for GS2 (Hunger), GS3 (SCM) – Discuss the significance of food processing industry in alleviating the issues of malnutrition and inflation in India. (200 words)
- UNDP Sustainable development goals about hunger, malnutrition and food security.
- UN-FAO Global Hunger report 2015 observations.
- National Food Security Act-2013- salient features and criticism.
- Food processing industry- scope, significance, SWOT Analysis- strength, weakness, opportunities and threat.
- Food processing industry- supply chain management, upstream-downstream issues, forward, backward and Verticle integration
- Mega food park (2008)- features and problems
- Food safety-FSSAI function & challenges
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/CZ3G44aQduo
- GS2-Mains Answer Writing: Given the multiple determinants of health, its prevention agenda requires cross sectoral Government interventions with special focus on women”. Elaborate.
- Sustainable development goal#3: Ensure healthy lives and promote and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
- India and Millennium Development Goals: slow/moderate progress on child mortality, maternal health.
- Government intervention for reducing IMR and MMR: Matritva Sahyog yojana, Janani Suraksha Yojana
- Dengue- why outbreak, what preventive measures should be done.
- Draft Public health policy 2015- salient features and criticism.
- Alternative medicine system- AYUSH
- Principles and benefits of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Naturopathy, Siddha, Homeopathy and Naturopathy
- NAM: National Ayush Mission
- Mock Question for GS2– Discuss the significance of alternative medicine system / AYUSH in providing affordable and accessible healthcare to Indian masses.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/m4dlQZcD6ag
In next lecture: Women, Youth, Skill related topics for GS1 and GS2.