- ML1/P1: Urbanization-Problems, Remedies
- ML1/P2: Urban Governance: Smart City, Amrut, Rurban after Prelims
- ML1/P3: Poverty-Meaning, Estimation, SECC-2011
Here starts the mains revision series- only selected topics will be covered
- GS1 | 2: urbanization, poverty and hunger, Women and health, youth, skill, Education; HDI, MDG, SDG
- GS2: E-Governance, Role of civil services, pressure groups
- GS2: IR- Economy: Central Asia | SCO, China crash, Yuan devaluation, TPP-updates
- GS3: Banking-Finance related things from Eco. Survey; Investment models: hybrid annuity, Swiss challenge.
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download
- GS1- Mains Answer writing: “Though urbanization is considered to be a catalyst for economic growth, so far India has not been able to tap its full potential.” Discuss. (200 words)
- 4 mental frames that a mains player should avoid- Statistician, bookie, perfectionist and think tank.
- Definition- urbanization, rurbanization, cities, smart cities.
- Urbanization is good because it creates Agglomeration economies.
- Urbanization as a location factor for industries in Dhaka Textile, Bangalore IT and Karachi Finance industry-
- Role of Urbanization in (1) Labour market pooling (2) Knowledge spill over (3) Intermediate input sharing
- Europe- Hot Banana from London (UK) to Milan (Italy)
- 3 Macro Reforms in Urban-Infrastructure
- Sustainable Development goal (SDG) related to urbanization.
- Congestion forces against Urban agglomeration economy and its remedies.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/_cb_9WsJkWo
- GS2- Mains Answer writing: In India, the efficacy of urban administration has not improved with the pace of urbanization. Examine the reasons & suggest remedies.
- 3 deficits in urban administration: (1) empowerment (2) resource (3) accountability deficits; 14th finance commission recommendations for improving financial resources of Urban local bodies.
- Smart city- selection process, smart city plan (SCP), investment pattern in SPV and organizational structure.
- Features of Smart cities- revision.
- Amrut, Swatchh Bharat Mission (SBM), Rurban Mission- new updates, 14 parameters.
- Self-Study: Globalization- impact on Indian society.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/tkKObrYq4HI
- GS2-Mains Answer Writing: What is poverty? Give a brief account of the poverty estimation methods in India and discuss the unique features of SECC-2011. (200 words)
- Definition and meaning of Poverty
- Sustainable development goal#1: end poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Sustainable development goal#10: Reduce inequalities within and among nations
- Brief overview of Poverty estimation methods in India- Tendulkar, Rangarajan
- Socio-Economic-Caste-Census-2011: organizations involves, parameters tracked
- Deprivation Indicators in SECC-2011: automatically excluded, automatically included and seven-indicators in between
- SECC-2011: potential applications and criticism.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/T2A5VdVQYPw
In next lecture: Hunger, Health, Women, Youth, Skill.