- Persons in News (PIN) National
- 43rd CJI of India
- 7th Pay commission
- Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat
- PIN: Diaspora / international awards
- Dead in News
- Books, Movies, Literature
- Important Days in November
Persons in News (PIN) National
43rd CJI of India
Justice T.S. Thakur to replace Justice H.L.Dattu as the 43rd Chief Justice of India till 4/Jan/2017. Following are his notable judgements:
- BCCI is a public function. No office-bearer of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should have any commercial interests in the game.
- Headed benches in Saradha scam, Sahara-scam, National Rural Health Mission scam.
- Ordered NDA to clean up Ganga River.
- meat bans could not be “shoved down someone’s throat (on Jain community’s petition)
- He holds Doctor of Laws ( Honoris Causa) degree by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- He has served as the Executive Chairman, National Legal Services Authority
- This former cabinet Secretary will head panel on new education policy
- Same person also headed the Green law panel to revise the environmental laws in India.
- Person will be disqualified from Vidhan Sabha / Vidhan Parishad, if he is of unsound mind.
- Waqar Ahmad Shah is MLA from Bahraich (UP), and under coma for a long time. Hence unable to participate in the proceedings.
- Hence Governor of UP sought EC opinion to remove him under this section.
|Cess||0.5% Swachh Bharat cess on value services to support Swachh Bharat WEF 15/11/2015|
7th Pay commission
- Chairman Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur.
- Report to be implemented from 1st January 2016, 23.55% hike in salary and allowances.
- Maximum pay Rs.2.25l, minimum Rs.18k per month.
- Will cost government over 1 lakh crores.
- More highlights available here: finmin.nic.in/press_room/2015/7thCPC_Highlight.pdf
Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat (One India, Best India)
- Each State would collaborate with one other State of India each year.
- They’ll promote each other’s culture and language- For one year
- Through student exchange, cultural programs, film screening, celebrating 31st October as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
- This scheme is meant to fullfill Sardar Patel’s dream of National integration.
PIN: Diaspora / international awards
|Akshansh Gupta||Suffering from severe cerebral palsy, he became the only student with the severe disability to complete a Ph.D from JNU.|
|Anand kumar||Japan television channel made documentary on the role of this super 30 IIT mentor in helping underprivileged students compete for Engineering entrance exams.|
|Bobby Jindal||This Louisiana Governor and Republican presidential candidate has planned to drop from election race.|
|Imran Khan||PM Modi praised this Sanskrit Teacher turned app developer for making over 50 mobile apps for students/competitive exam aspirants for free, in Hindi language.|
|Kova Naneshwar||Got prestigious national-level ‘Shilp Guru Award’ from President Pranab Mukherjee. He hails from adilabad (Telangana), trained trained artisans and craftsmen in Dhokra metal casting|
|Noor Jahan||In Mann ki Baat, PM Modi appriciated the role of this Kanpur woman in lighting 500 homes with solar lanterns.|
|P. Karthik|| Class III student of Andhra Pradesh who won the Doodle for Google-2015 national-level competition.|
|Priti Patel||She is UK’s Minister of Employment. She is first woman of Indian origin in the British Cabinet.|
|Subir Gokhran||This former RBI dy. governor became executive director in IMF to represent Indian constituency (India + Bangladesh+ Bhutan + srilanka)|
Dead in News
|Sardar Patel||140th birth anniversary (31 October -1875)|
|Abdelhamid Abaaoud||Paris terror attacker (dead)|
|Angad Paul||English movies producer and Son of British industrialist Swaraj Paul.|
|Ashok Singhal||Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader, prominent player of Ram Janambhoomi movement. Died in Gurgaon.|
|Brijmohan Lall Munjal||Born in Punjab before partition. He was the founder of Hero Group. Got honorary Ph.D degrees from IIT Kharagpur and BHU. Largest Manufacturer of bicycles by Guinness records (1986)|
|Colin Welland||Writer of “Chariots of Fire” – this Oscar winning movie details the story of two athletes in 1924 Olympics.|
|Dr. Satya Paul Agarwal||Neurosurgeon and Secretary General of Indian Red Cross Society, Padma Bhushan recipient, dead.|
|Jaspal singh||former medium pacer bowler from Delhi.|
|K.Shankaran Nair||Ex-RAW chief dead. He was behind the covert operations during Bangladesh Liberation movement|
- Cartoonist R.K.Laxman’s first wife: Kumari Kamala – noted movie actress in South, and expert on “Vazhuvoor” style of dance.
- After divorce, his second wife: Kamala Laxman. She was a noted author of children’s books such as Tales of Tenali Raman, Thama and his missing mother, The star I never met,
|Lord Gulam Noon||Nicknamed Curry King for his food-products such as Chicken tikka masala.|
|M.M. Kalburgi||Kannada writer, gunned down in Karnataka|
|Mahip Singh||Editor of Sanchetna magazine, founder of Bharatiya Lekhak Sangathan|
|Margi Sathi||Nangiakoothu temple dance expert|
|Nathu Ram Godse|
- Assassin of Gandhi. On 15 November Hindu Mahasabha organized programmes to celebrate his death anniversary as Balidan diwas.
- Following books are banned in India- Why I killed Gandhi (Godse’s last statement), and“Gandhi Vadh Aur Main (by his brother Gopal Godse).
|Noboru Karashima|| distinguished scholar and historian of South Asia. He was recipient of the Padma Shri in 2013 for his contributions in building India-Japan ties.|
|RK Trivedi||Ex-CEC (80s) and Ex-Governor of Gujarat|
|Saeed Jaffrey||Noted character actor in Indian movies and British soap operas.famous for his roles in Shatranj ke khiladi, Gandhi, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, A Passage to India. He was the first Indian to receive Order of British Empire.|
|SP Agarwal||Secretary general of Indian red cross society, recipient of Padma Bhushan|
|V.N.Misra||Noted archaeologist from UP, famous for his excavations at Bhimbetka (Madhya Pradesh) and Balathal (Rajasthan)|
Books, Movies, Literature
Noted releases from August to November 2015
|Air Marshal Bharat Kumar||The duels of Himalayan Eagle- about 1965 war|
|Anuj Dhar||What happened to Netaji?|
|Anuradha Kapur||Publication division in dilemma to shortlist this theatre personality turned author. Because she has joined intolerance movement.|
|Bollywood Actress Shilpa Shetty||The Great Indian Diet|
|Bollywood Actress Twinkle Khanna||Mrs. Funny Bones|
|Ex-Environment minister Jairam Ramesh||To the brink and back: India’s 1991 story|
|Ex-Fed reserve chief Ben S.Bernanke||The courage to act- A memoir of a crisis and its aftermath|
|Ilayaraja||This Music maestro won Centenary Award in International Film Festival of India.|
|Naina Lal Kidwai (HSBC Banker)||30 women in power: their voices, their stories|
|Nandan Nilekani, Viral Shah||Rebooting India- suggestion to turn Indian into a global powerhouse.|
|Radha Kant Bharati||Interlinking of Indian rivers|
|Salman Rushdie||Two years Eight months and twenty eight nights- a book Ibn Rushd, a Spanish-muslim philosopher.|
|Sam Pitroda||Dreaming Big: My journey to connect India (through STD-PCOs)|
|Sharad Pawar||Autobiography – “Life on my terms” to be released in December 2015.|
Sports Events in November 2015
|Anju Bobby George||This long jump athlete became chairperson of Target Olympic podium Scheme (TOPS). This scheme aims to identify and mentor potential sportspersons for 2016 and 2020 Olympics.|
- Macau Open Grand Prix: PV Sindhu won it for third time after defeating Japan’s Minatsu Mitan.
- Siril Verma won World Junior Badminton Championship held at Lima, Peru.
- World Heavyweight championship: Tyson Furi, Britain won.
- Shiva Thapa: ranked world #2 in 56 kilo category.
|Delhi Half Marathon||Guye Adola (Ethiopia) and Florence Kiplagat (Kenya) won|
|Hockey||Robert Van Gent became strategic coach of Indian men’s hockey team|
|ICC Chairman||Shashank Manohar replaced Srinivasan.|
|Justice AP shah||Ombudsman of BCCI|
|Nico Rosberg||Won Mexican Grant prix, Brazillian Grand Prix|
|Paragliding||2015 world cup was held at Bir village, Himachal. Swiss and Japanese sportspersons won in male and female category respectively.|
|Rajeev Shukla||Head of IPL governing council. Other members of governing council are jyotir aditya scindia, ajay shirke, MP Pandove and saurav ganguly.|
|Rugby world cup||New Zealand defeated Australia at the world cup held in New Zealand.|
|Snooker||Pankaj Advani won IBSF world snooker championship 2015 held in Egypt.|
- Swiss Indoor: Federer defeated Nadal.
- Singapore Open: Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won women’s doubles.
- Davis Cup Tennis: Britain defeated Belgium in Gent, Belgium. Davis cup is considered the world cup of Tennis and its female equivalent is known as Fed cup.
Important Days in November
|16 November||National Press freedom day.|
|19 November||World Toilet Day|
|26 November||National Milk Day- birthday of Varghese Kurien|
|26 November||Constitution day of India. HRD ministry directed all schools to celebrate it.|
Visit Mrunal.org/PIN for Persons in news, books-authors, awards and sports related current affairs for IBPS, SSC, CDS, CAPF, ACIO, APFC/EPFO, RBI and state service exams.