- HFS2/P1: British Treaties- Subsidiary Alliance (सहायक संधि)
- HFS2/P2: British Treaties- Doctrine of Lapse (खालसा नीति)
- HFS2/P3: British Rule- Regulating Act 1773 (विनियमन अधिनियम)
- HFS2/P4: British Rule-Pitts India Act 1784
- So far in his history-freedom struggle lecture series, Mr.Pratik Nayak’s covered the entry of Europeans and the fall of Bengal, Mysore, Maratha and Sikh empire.
- Now the topic progresses further to how the British established their colonial rule over India through various treaties and acts.
- Powerpoints available @Mrunal.org/download
- purpose, participants, mechanisms under subsidiary alliance treaty between East India company and native Indian states.
- Role of Gov Gen Lord Wellesley
- how did East India company benefit from subsidiary alliance?
- Stages of development of subsidiary alliance in India: Mysore, Peshwa, Scindia
Youtube Link: youtu.be/wtbHx9Zz2l8
- purpose and mechanism under the doctrine of lapse
- role of Lord Dalhousie
- Application of the doctrine of Lapse in Jhansi, Satara, Nagpur
Youtube Link: youtu.be/fr3jdpOUPGw
- Consolidation of British rule in India through political structure, administrative structure and social cultural policy of the English
- political consolidation through Charter to East India company, dual government in Bengal
- regulating act of 1773: salient features and purpose
Youtube Link: youtu.be/wzSylnTJWw0
- purpose, mechanism and salient features of Pitt’s India act
- Charter act of 1793, 1813: mechanism and salient features.
- How did these acts change the relationships between East India Company and the British government?