- HFS7/P6: Beginning of Indian National Movement & related MCQs in UPSC
- HFS7/P7: Lord Curzon & Partition of Bengal, Swadeshi Movement & Boycott
- HFS7/P8: Surat Split & fizzing of Swadeshi movement
- Pratik Nayak is back, and in HD. Continuing the history-freedom struggle series from where it was pending.
- Powerponits available under Mrunal.org/download goto mediafire=> 1_powerpoint => 3_History_Pratik folder.
- Recap of previous lecture.
- Type of MCQs asked from Congress session, its presidents, its resolution.
- Purpose of Congress and why did they organize it in different cities/places of India?
- Type of MCQs asked related to Indian National movements- its dates, locations, leaders and how the programs conceived?
- Partition of Bengal in East and West Bengal on basis of Hindu and Muslim religion, origin of Swadeshi Movement.
- Important dates, Newspapers, periodicals, songs, books, Paintings-art forms related to Anti-partition movement.
- Role of Painters: Raja rai varma, Abindrananth Tagore
- Rise of Indian Science Cognress by Jagdish Chandra Bose.
- Praful Chandra Ray and Bengal Chemical Industry.
- Extremist: Lal, Bal, Pal, Tilak- their success and limitations.
- forms of boycott- 1) of foreign goods 2) passive resistance 3) government titles 4) Revival of National education.
- Extremist leaders, groups, events leading to the split of moderates and extremist leaders
- 1906: Calcutta resolution and victory of extremist ideology
- Why extremist wanted hold session in Nagpur (Central provinces) and not Surat (Bombay presidency), because president should not belong to the home state- I.e. Tilak, a resident of Bombay presidency.
- 26th December 1907- Surat session, throwing of shoe at the stage, violence and breaking of Congress into two pieces.
- Trio of Lal, Bal, Pal and leadership crisis in Pre-1919.
- Compare and Contract Moderates and Extremists- who had larger social base? Belief and ideology.
- Fall of Swadeshi movement after separation of moderates and extremists: Positive and negative outcomes of Swadeshi movement- The British learned the use of religion to divide India.
- Why it is difficult to sustain a movement for a long time frame?
source site Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/nrnu928AIo8
http://ctpremierit.com/?x=here-to-get-viagra-super-active Next lecture: Indian revolutionaries abroad, Ghadar and Home Rule movement.
Visit Mrunal.org/HISTORY for archive of history related lectures and articles.