- BES164/P1: Agriculture: More from Less Water, Micro irrigation
- BES164/P2: Agriculture-Urea DBT, Endosulfan pesticide, Biocontrol Agents, Organic farming, Pulses
- BES164/P3: Agriculture Insurance, Credit, e-NAM, Animal Husbandry, Krishonnati-Yojana
- Pre-requisite self-study before starting this lecture
- Budget-2016 taxation provisions for betterment of agriculture
- Ranking for MCQs: Employment and GDP share of agriculture in Indian Economy.
- Reasons behind negative and low growth rate of Indian agricultures in 2013 and 2014.
- We need to cultivate more, from less- to ensure sustainable development goals of food security and Price stabilization- what are the suggestions of economic survey in this regard?
- Survey observations regarding seed quality and genetically modified crops.
- Difference between meteorological and agricultural drought.
- Impact of El Nino and La-Nina on Indian Monsoon
- formulas for gross versus net irrigated area.
- ranking of irrigation sources- tubewell, canal, dugwell, tanks
- why is flood irrigation bad? What are the examples and benefits of micro-irrigation? Solar cooperative in Kheda, Gujarat
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana- salient features and funding; latest provisions for irrigation in budget-2016
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/VkoruYK6dPY
- urea subsidies leakage in India: reasons and remedies for inefficient firms, diversion to non-agri. Purpose, cross-border smuggling
- 12 parameters displayed in soil health card, funding and implementation mechanism
- Kasarghoda disaster in Kerala, why Endosufan and stag horn limbs disorder
- Biocontrol agents and biofertilizers from NCERT Class-12 biology book
- Sesbania rostrate green manure, Nisarga-Runa technology by BARC
- Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana and Organic farming in India
- MSP theory, SAFESU, why Pulse minimum support price should reflect social cost?
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/r64RHmApFAk
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, implementing insurance companies; insurance penetration and density as per latest economic survey
- Agriculture finance, kisan credit card, interest subvention scheme
- Farm mechanization- need for ola-rental tractors in India
- National Agriculture market (NAM), price stabilization fund, features and implementing agency
- ICAR extension schemes, Krishonnati Yojana
- Livestock census, ascending-descending order of fish and cattle, programs for protection of indigenous breeds; CAPF questions from Silk and KVIC
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/XHlPaogdp_o
Powerpoints available under Download section=>Mediafire=> 1_Mrunal_Economy =>4_Sectors of Economy.