- BES165/P5: Communication infrastructure: radio, telecom, post office, mass-comm.
- BES165/P6: Kelkar Report- PPP Revisit, Revitalize, Finance & Investment Models
- BES165/P7: Rail Budget-2016: Bullet Train, SRESHTA, SUTRA, SAHAYAK, RAKSHAK, Urban Infra
- NCERT Class11, 12: Selective study of waves, communication related topics- Doppler effect- principle, applications, hubble- red shift and blue shift.
- Relations between density and sound speed.
- Radio system: attenuation, transmitters, amplifiers, repeaters, frequency modulation- AM, FM, PM
- Types of electromagnetic waves: ground waves, sky waves, space waves
- Reflection properties of ionosphere
- Prasar Bharati Corporation (act 1990): Doordarshan, Akashvani, Mann ki baat
- Dada Saheb Phalke, National Film Award Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)
- Indian Cinematography Act, 1952 , Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), types of censor certificate: A, U, U/A, S
- Press council of India, Television regulation- News broadcaster association (NBA), Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)
- Telecom: Major PSUs, regulatory bodies: Telecom Commission, TRAI, TDSAT
- Why call drops? Judgements of SC and TRAI.
- 112: Single number for all emergencies
- 3 types of DoT license types: 1) infrastructure providers license 2) Unified license 3) Unified license for Virtual network operators
- The beginning of post and telegram in India
- Philately: 2015-16 ? Nabakalebara (Culture), Dr. Ambedkar, Dr.Kalam, 100 years of Gandhi’s return; BSF, Project Rukmani and more
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/MbxWkKD-bUQ
- Main recommendations of Vijay Kelkar committee to revisit and revitalize Public private partnership (PPP) in India.
- PPP- meaning and importance in shifting India’s demographic transition to Demographic dividend
- New bodies suggested by Kelkar: Infrastructure PPP Project Review Committee (“IPRC”) and Infrastructure PPP Adjudication Tribunal (“IPAT”)
- Why and how to channelise foreign pension and insurance funds to Indian infra. Projects.
- Why avoid loan syndication method but promote Zero coupon bonds?
- Audition provision for PPP-SPVs.
- What to avoid? 1) PSU bidding in PPP 2) PPP for small projects 3) Obsolescing bargaining 4) witch hunting of honest officers 6) swiss challenge model.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Q5jghCY2fEQ
- Lord Dalhousie and Chief Engineer George Clerk, Railway Minutes & “Guarantee system”
- Rail Track: type of Gauges: Broad, Meter, Narrow, Project Uni-gauge
- Acworth Committee 1921 and sepratation of rail budget from general budget. Why NITI Ayog is recommending their merger?
- RAIL Budget 2016: finance, accountability, PPP reforms.
- High speed and Bullet trains- arguments in favour and against.
- New trains for unreserved passengers and Reserved Passengers – CAPF MCQ from this topic.
- Rakshak device, Sahayak coolie, Bio-vaccum toilets in railways and Environment protection measures.
- New services for Women/S.citizen, Divyang/PH
- Railway R&D: SRESTHA, Sutra, C T Venugopal chair and Kalpana Chawla chair
- organizations under Civil Aviation Ministry
- Civil Aviation Policy 2016: reforms for Regional connectivity, 5/20 rule
- Why and How to promote domestic tourism?
- Rail and highway reforms.
- Real estate challenges and legal reforms: 1) model building bye laws 2) Real estate regulation bill.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/qm3KExeeHlc
Powerpoints of all videos, are available here: mediafire.com/folder/xemd2vgz5a5d5/1_Powerpoints
This concludes the fifth pillar. Now only sixth and last pillar left i.e. HRD