- HFS9/P1: Gandhi before India: struggle in South Africa
- HFS9/P2: Gandhi in India: Champaran, A’bad, Kheda
- HFS9/P3: Rowlett Act, Jallianwala Bagh
- HFS9/P4: Khilafat movement, Non Cooperation, Assessment
source link Continuing the HD video lecture series of Shri Pratik Nayak. Last tme, we saw first phase of revolutionary struggle and Home Rule movement. Now moving forward to Gandhi, Khilafat and NCM.
- Recap timeline of the topics covered so far in India’s struggle for independence.
- Type of MCQs associated with Gandhi, his life, form of protests and movements.
- Gandhi before India: Life and struggle in South Africa, registration act, General Smuts, imprisonment of Gandhi, imposition of poll tax, Tolstoy farm
- Which day is celebrated as “Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas” and why?
- Assessment of Gandhi’s contribution in South Africa. Struggle-truce-struggle method.
- Gandhi’s entry in India- setting up of Kochrab Ashram, community living.
- How to memorize sequence of Gandhi’s initial struggles in India- CAKe- Champaran-A’bad-Kheda.
- Champaran Satyagraha-1917, commercialization of agriculture, indigo’s forced cultivation, exploitation of farmers, tinkathia system, Rajkumar Shukla,
- Ahmedabad mill satyagraha- 1918, strike and tribunal
- Kheda satyagraha- reasons, methods and success.
- Events leading to Rowlett act : carrot and stick policy.
- Salient oppressive features of the Rowlett act- government authorized to imprison any person without trial.
- India’s reaction to Rowlett act, forms of protests adopted.
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre on 13th April 1919. Role of General Dyer.
- First world war, fall of Ottoman empire.
- Khalifa and his spiritual authority. When Ottoman empire was dismembered by Allies and abolition of the Khalifa post.
- 1920: Punjab wrong, Khilafat issue rises. All Party conference and decision to boycott school, colleges, legislative council and British authority.
- Nagpur session of Congress in 1920, and adoption of non-cooperation program. Change in the organizational structure of the Congress- regarding member strength of congress working committee (CWC), provincial congress committees (PCC),
- Viceroy Reading declares Volunteer corps illegal and arrest major leaders of Khilafat movement;
- Chauri Chaura incidence, Why did Gandhi withdrew the movement?
- Assessment of Khilafat non-cooperation movement? 1) involvement of Muslim and communalization 2) spreading nationalist mood to every nook and corner. 3) Breaking the myth of British supremacy and invincibility without military wars, but through Satyagrah
go Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/x-WiJaPR03o
active drug in viagra Next Lecture: Swaraj Party, Civil Disobedience, Gandhi-Irwin Pact.
Visit Mrunal.org/HISTORY for archive of history related lectures and articles.