- BES166/P1: Census theory, Population growth stages, Formula, diversity, personal laws
- BES166/P2: Education Policy-2016, HEFA, Pramati, PISA, ASER, Youth Org, Sports
- BES166/P3: Healthcare: JSY, JSSY, PSMY, JSY, JSSY, PSMY; Women-Child schemes from Yearbook
- BES166/P4: UNDP’s Human Development Report: HDI, IHDI, GDI, GII, MPI; SDG-2030
- Beginning of census in USA, England and India; Role of Lord Mayo, Lord Rippon; Census-2011: Administrative hierarchy
- Four stages of population growth in India: Stagnant population, Steady growth, Rapid High growth, High growth with signs of slowing down
- Decadal population growth rate (17.7%)
- birth rate, death rate, total fertility rate (TFR), replacement level population – formulas and realities
- Why is TFR target 2.1? What happens if it falls below 2?
- Malthusian theory of population vs food growth. Relation between high population, disguised unemployment and capital formation.
- Population policy 2000 and jansankhya sthirta kosh (Population stabilization fund)
- Indian population: diversity in ethnic origin, language, religion, provisions related to SC/ST list.
- Personal laws for marriage, divorce, succession, will and need for uniform civil code
- Selected Sociology terms from NCERT: endogamy, exogamy, jajmani system, sanskritization, synchronization retism
- Urban sociology related terms from NCERTs: gentrification, ghetto, gated communities; mechanical solidarity, organic solidarity and anomie.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/2QC0QA_OVBs
- Education in India- before independence- Nalanda, Takshshila, famous scholars, travellers
- Education after Independence: policies and reforms under Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Rajiv, Vajpayee, Manmohan
- Salient features of 86th constitutional amendment act, right to education act
- Formulas for crude literacy rate and literacy rate- present statistics
- Demographic transition in schools
- Education and skill schemes in Modi regime
- TSR subramanian committee for drafting national education policy: recommendation for kindergarten, 25% EWS reservation in minority schools, Pramati Judgement, medium/ language of instructions
- NGO Pratham’s ASER’s report, and OECD’s PISA report on bogusness of learning levels in Indian schools.
- How is Section 18 and 29(h) of RTE act responsible for poor level of learning in India? Why do students become SPIDERMAN in Bihar and Haryana? How can Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat.
- Design a scheme for easily passing class10
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to improve adult literacy
- Budget 2016: New agency HEFA: Higher Education Financing Agency; more Navoday Vidhalayas
- Why TSR recommended banning caste and religion based groups from student politics
- Mens rea and audi alterem parterm for dispute resolution
- How to stop mushrooming of colleges
- Need for new all India service for education
- Yearbook: Youth related policies, organizations, sport-awards, Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/JBJCMgvn3NY
- Budget 2016 announcements for Healthcare: Prime Minister’s Jan Aushadhi Yojana, Health insurance, National Dialysis Services Programme
- Universal Health Coverage index (UHC) by World Bank
- National Health Mission (NHM)- urban and rural components
- Joint Program for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)- heart, diabetes, cancer
- Rogi Kalyan Samiti, National Ambulance Services-102, 108
- Maternal mortality, child mortality related formulas, MDG targets, schemes by indian government to prevent them
- Janani Suraksha Yojana, Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram (JSSK), PM Suraksheet Matritwa Yojana, IG Matritva Sahyog Yojana’10; Indradhanush Vaccination
- why Economy survey suggests early life intervention for mother and children to reap demographic dividend?
- Major schemes for women- empowerment, education, relief, Sex ratio improvement schemes
- Statutory body for women and children, Stree Shakti Puraskar,
- Disabled: Accessible India: Sugamya Bharat, ALIMCO: Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India, Kanpur
- Yearbook: sarkaari R&D for healthcare ICMR, BARC, Radiation-hydrogel, Iodine-125, Food Irradiation, AYUSH Mission
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/7CwLeFxo8VA
- Background theory, origin of UNDP’s human development report- theme and location of publication
- Five indexes under HRD report and their theory and India’s rank:
- Human development index, inequality adjusted HDI (IHDI), Gender development index (GDI), Gender inequality index (GII), multidimensional poverty index (MPI)
- Gini coefficient and inequality of wealth distribution
- Millennium Development goals vs sustainable Development goals- targets, deadlines.
- How to memorize 17 SDG goals.
- The end of Budget and economic survey series-2016 and parting words.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/08YvVxUuPhA
Powerpoints of all videos, are available here: mediafire.com/folder/xemd2vgz5a5d5/1_Powerpoints
This concludes BES16 Lecture series for prelim-2016. Best wishes to all serious players.