- ML16/RaoGS1: Narasimha Rao’s Diplomacy & Answer writing Basics
- ML16/RaoGS3: Rao’s economic reforms, liberalization & industrial policy
- ML16/RaoGS4: LPG Legacy: growth > redistribution? & 3 Model Answers
I’m starting the new lecture series for Mains-2016 revision and answer writing. Only selected topics will be covered with full length discuss on model answer. Powerpoints available under Mrunal.org/download – mediafire –1_Powerpoints – Mains Revision Folder
- Lecture starts with basics of answer writing- what mistakes to avoid, what strategies to adopt for introduction, body conclusion.
- Narsimha Rao as a maker of Modern India- this segment starts with his foreign policy. Later two parts of video focus on economic, welfare, growth and redistribution.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/D2OG5eR34gY
- It’s easy to remember Narasimha Rao’s economic reform by focusing on what he did to all 6 pillars of economy viz. banking, budget, BoP, Sectors of economy, infra and HRD.
- Whatever he couldn’t do, can be quoted as limitation or 2nd generation LPG reforms.
- Why couldn’t Rao generate “Good” jobs within formal sector, why couldn’t he develop manufacturing sector and had to jump directly from agri to service sector?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/pweYERA9ulE
- Model Answers for all three mock questions:
- (GS1) Evaluate PM Rao as one of the makers/architects of modern India.
- (GS3) “Legacy Rao’s reforms is an Indian economy where GROWTH has priority over Redistribution (पुनर्वितरण)”. Examine critically.
- (GS4) “Though written in ancient times, Kautilya’s treaties are effective for modern day crisis management.” Elucidate with example of a modern leader/reformer.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/vOeg3sFhE1k
Next lecture will cover three mock questions and their model answers (in context of Deendayal’s 150th birth anniversary and right wing vigilantism)
- (GS1) Compare and contrast Indian right wing vigilantism against Alt-right movement of USA?
- (GS1) Write a critical note on Pt. DD’s ideas of “Integral humanism” [एकात्म मानवदर्शन] and “One India” [एक भारत]
- (GS4) What do you understand by the term “Dharma”. Discuss its significance in building Modern India.
Visit https://Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel for more videos related to Mains and Answer writing.