- GSM3/Economy: GST-Proposed Framework, Benefits, Challenges- Summary
- GSM3/Poverty: UBI Universal Basic Income for Indian Poor: Benefits, Challenges- Summary
- The last part of mains revision and answer writing for selected topics.
- covered with full length discuss on model answer. Powerpoints available under Mrunal.org/download – mediafire –1_Powerpoints – Mains Revision Folder
Q. Discuss the proposed framework of GST and outline the associated benefits and challenges.
जीएसटी के प्रस्तावित ढांचे पर चर्चा करें तथा इसके साथे जुड़े लाभ एवं चुनौतीओं की रुपरेखा दीजिए.
- Goods and services tax is to be implemented in India WEF 1st April 2017. But during each meeting of GST-council, some new modification is announced.
- So let's just gather enough points to make up a 200 words answer- Starting with definition of GST, it's proposed framework, perceived benefits (cascading effect, Ancillarisation, Tax base expansion) versus the visible challenges- pertaining to discontent among union, state, policy advisors, personnel-IT infrastructure, disputes related to classification and compliance cost.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/9auwkB0jB_U
- UBI means depositing ten to fifteen thousand rupees in the beneficiary's account to augment his purchasing power. What benefits will it have on his life viz a viz the challenges on our public treasury, leakage and diversion.
- As such new Economic survey will be focusing on this topic, hence no point in doing Ph.D at the moment. Let's just gather enough points to make up a 200 words answer for UPSC mains general studies paper-1, 2 and 3 as poverty is a recurring topic in the syllabus of all three papers!
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/-TIvNEHd1VQ
This concludes the ML16 lecture series. Best wishes to all serious players