- UPSC CSE-2018 Notification out
- Lowest Vacancies in the Decade
- Interview Fail Candidates’ biodata to be shared with other recruiting agencies
- When can I expect Prelims & Mains Result?
- No change in Age-Attempt limit
- No change in structure of the exam
- No changes in Mains and interview syllabus or marks
- No change in the syllabus of the exam
- Can last semester student apply?
- How much fees do I need to pay?
- When will I get the hallticket/admit-card for prelims?
- Multiple applications by same candidate?
- Warning: Optional and centre
- OBC alert
- UPSC has released notification for civil services 2018 and forest service 2018 exam.
- Last date to apply is where to buy real levitra merseyside 6th March 2018, 6PM.
- Online application link is http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Apply at earlier because exam centers are first applying first allot basis.
- Prelim exam to be held on real viagra purchase 3rd June 2018. (How many days left- just watch the left hand corner green box of our website).
- Helpdesk numbers: No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543
- As you can see from the graph, this year, UPSC has the lowest recruitment in the whole decade ( 10mg prednisone dosepack 782 vacancies i.e. 198 less than last year and 511 jobs less than the best year-2014.)
- Therefore, less candidates will get chance to write mains exam. We can expect http://razorsedgebarber.com/?search=online-ordering-propecia barely ~9360-10140 candidates clearing prelims-2018, compared to 13,366 candidates who cleared prelims-2017.
- Similarly, here ~2340 may be called for interviews against source 2568 called for interviews of CSE-2017.
but there is another positive delelopment:
UPSC notification also mentions that
- Those who fail in UPSC Interview… their details will be shared with other public and private recruiting agencies so that generic levitra user forum even those unemployed purchase cialis without prescription interview-failed candidates can find a suitable job follow link s.
- However, you can opt out of this data sharing ‘scheme’, if you’re not interested (or are worried about your ‘aadhar-privacy’). Read page no. 2 and 3 of the notification for more on this.
- In CSE-2017, UPSC declared prelim and mains results within 39 days and 68 days respectively after the exam. So, if UPSC continues to show the same level of efficiency for CSE-2018 then:
- Prelim-2018 result can be expected on 12th July 2018. [Afterwards, you’ll have to file a new detailed application form-DAF, with documentary proofs. So last year / last-sem students eligible to apply, IF they think they can get provisional marksheet of graduation by ~July/Aug-2018.]
- Mains-2018 result can be expected after 10th December 2018. [As per revised calendar, Mains starts from 28th September and runs for 5 days so it depends on which days they keep holiday.]
- It is same as last year. Minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2018. i.e. you must not be born later than 1st August 1997.
- Candidate already in IAS or Indian foreign service (IFS)- not eligible to appear.
|General||32||6 [must not be born before 2nd August 1986]|
|SC/ST||32+5=37||till upper age|
|Physically disabled (Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic)||32+10=42||
|J&K domicile||32+5=37||depending on above categories (Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH)|
|Disabled serviceman discharged from duty||32+3=35||same as above|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty * specific condition on page2 of notification||32+5=37||same as above|
Above relaxation are cumulative e.g. OBC candidate from J&K = 32 + 3(OBC) + 5 (J&K) = 40 years up age limit. What doesn’t count as an attempt?
- Ans. If you applied in previous exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- If you fail in prelims, attempt is counted.
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|general studies (GS)||aptitude / CSAT|
|Marks counted for selection in mains exam…yes||
|200 marks||200 marks|
|0.33% negative marking||0.33% negative marking|
|20 minutes for blind and locomotors disability||Same|
|English||300. Marks not counted in merit only 25% passing marks required.|
|Indian language paper (Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi etc. depending on your choice)||Same as above.|
|GS (mains) Paper1, 2, 3, 4||250 each x 4 papers = 1000 marks.|
|ONE Optional subject||500 marks.|
- No change in structure or syllabus or number of optional in the exam.
- For civil services Click to see this PDF
- For forest services: click to see this PDF
- Minimum education standard is graduation.
- Candidates from last semester can apply. Once you clear prelims, you’ll have to fillup a new form called “Detailed application form” to appear in UPSC Mains exam. With this form, you’ve to submit scanned copies of your graduation Certi / last year mark sheet.
- MBBS candidate must finish internship before interview phase.
|General Male and OBC male||Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains.|
|Female of any category||No fees|
|SC/ ST, PH||no fees|
- Hall ticket will be available online, usually 3 weeks before prelim exam. They don’t send it through post anymore. You’ve to download and take printout.
- If problem, contact 011-23381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID). you must preserve RID because you’ll have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or xyz reason) then when downloading hallticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.
- in prelim online form itself, UPSC will ask you to fill the choice of optional subject and mains exam centre. And later on they don’t allow to change it. (Because in the Mains-DAF form, same data will be prepopulated.)
- Therefore, make no mistake in filling up mains-optional, mains-exam centre and mains medium of answers.
To claim OBC reservation benefit in UPSC, you need TWO certificates:
- OBC caste certificate [under central list.] MIND IT: some castes are in state backward list but not in central backward list.
- Non-creamy layer certificate.
- Non creamy layer status depends on your parents’ income and property.
- It doesn’t depend on your income/property
- It doesn’t depend on your husband/wife’s income/property.
- If your mom/dad is government employee, then INCOME criteria doesn’t apply but his rank / designation matters.