- Fodder points: India – UK relations
- David’s Dilemma
- India-UK talks
- Joint Cyber taskforce
- Agusta Westland inquiry
- Jallianwala Massacre
- David’s regret
- David’s refusal
- David’s promise
Fodder points: India – UK relations
India is among the top five investors in Britain with over 700 Indian companies having set up shop there.
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] India-UK: David Cameron Visit, Student Visa, Jallianwala, Kohinoor, Agusta Westland
- What is Kishanganga?
- Indus Water treaty?
- Permanent Indus Commission (PIC)?
- What is the Kishanganga problem?
- Pakistan’s objections
- #1: less electricity for Pak
- #2: less water for Pak
- International Court of Arbitration at The Hague
- Gwadar Port transferred to China
- Mock Questions
Indus Water treaty?
Signed between India(Nehru) and Pakistan
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Pakistan: Kishanganga Hydroproject Judgement, Gwadar Port given to China
- Indian Diaspora: overview
- What is Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD)?
- Why is PBD celebrated on 9th January?
- What happens during PBD?
- 10th vs 11th: Themes, location, chief-guest
- What did Mohan say?
- #1: Invest in India
- #2: Safety for Indians abroad
- #3: Social security Deals
- #4: Ghadar Stamp
- What did President
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2013: Highlights, issues, awards
- What is Mali?
- Players in this crisis?
- Who are the Tuareg?
- Gaddafi Angle: 2011
- Azawad: Jan-April 2012
- Mali President overthrown: March 2012
- Entry of French Troops: Jan 2013
- Back to Northern Mali
- What is AQIM?
- Implications of Mali Crisis?
- Algeria Hostage Crisis
- Mock Questions
What is Mali?
Landlocked country in West Africa
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Mali Crisis, Taureg rebels, French Troops, Algeria Hostages: Background, implications explained
- What is IOR-ARC?
- Why IOA-ARC is important?
- Gurgaon Communiqué /Declaration (2012)
- 6- Priority areas
- What is blue economy?
- Mock questions
What is IOR-ARC?
Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation
Established in 1997
Importance of Indian Ocean rim?
Indian Ocean is vital for the transportation of oil and conduct of other
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Indian Ocean Rim Association (IOR-ARC): 12th Summit, Gurgaon Communique, Highlights
- Chinese Influence
- Murderers are free
- Human rights are selective
- Reservation in Army Jobs
- Ethnic Unrest
- Anger against UN and International Community
- Land transfer
- The Priest Appointment
- Why Anti-India sentiment in Nepal?
- Regressive forces
- Change of India’s Stand
- Criticism of India’s Nepal Policy
Nepal logjam is a three part
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Nepal Logjam (Part 3 of 3): Chinese presence, Anti-India sentiments, how & why India’s policy failed
- Rehab of Maoist Combatants
- Problem areas in Maoist Army merger
- Maoist MNREGA scam
- Trouble in Cantonment
- Power struggle within Maoist Party
- Kiran’s makes new Party
- Against Prachanda
- Against Baburam Bhattarai
- People’s Constitution
- Against India
- Anti-India stand of Maoists
- Babu vs Prachanda @RIO+20
- Crisis: May 2012
- Why Election not held?
- Baburam’s next move
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Nepal Logjam (Part 2 of 3): Merger of Maoists with Army, Anti-India Campaign, Why Elections are not held
- During British-Raj
- From 60s to 90s
- The 90s system
- 1996-2006: Civil War
- India’s Nepal Policy: 2005
- Main Political Parties
- Constituent Assembly(CA)
- Why is there a political crisis/logjam/turmoil in Nepal?
- Why No Constitution?
- #1: Presidential system vs Parliamentary system
- #2: Federation on Ethnic lines
- Taarikh pe Taarikh
- Pushpa Kamal’s Prachand “Dhamaal”
- Madhav Nepal’s
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Nepal Logjam (Part 1 of 3): Civil War, Peace-Deal, Constitutional deadlock, Frequent change of Prime Ministers
This is a guest post by Manikandan Soundararajan.
- What is WIPO?
- What is this agreement?
- Why treaty for Visually Challanged?
- Difference: Patents vs. Copyrights?
- Salient features of the Agreement:
- Positive Implications:
- [Yearbook] educating visually challenged
What is WIPO?
WIPO= World Intellectual Property Organization
HQ: Geneva, Switzerland
Function of WIPO?
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] WIPO Treaty for Visually Challenged, Patent vs Copyright difference explained
- Problem areas in Indo-Russia
- Why is Russia Unhappy?
- Why is India unhappy?
- Putin’s Wishes in Delhi visit?
- Business n Trade
- Energy: Nuke
- Kudankulam Nuke plant
- Kudankulam Nuke plant: Problems
- Kudankulam: Progress
- Kudankulam: Civil Nuke Liability
- Energy: Oil and Gas
- Defense: Indo-Russia
- Science Tech: Indo-Russia
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] Putin Visit, KudanKulam, GLONASS, 13th India – Russia Annual Summit: Issues, Outcomes