Today Manikandan Soundararajan will throw some light on how medical tests are actually conducted for IAS/IPS exam and share his UPSC interview experience with us. By the way, medical-standards are given in this PDF file click me
- Medical Checkup
- Medical tests conducted
- Doctor’s final report
- Interview: Outside the Hall:
- Profile of the
Click To Continue reading Some insights on medical tests /checkup for UPSC IAS/IPS civil service exam
- SECC-2011: WHY needed?
- Census Difference: Regular vs SECC
- BPL: SECC vs Planning Commission
- Poverty: UN Definition
- Poverty Line: India
- SECC-Players involved
- Data collection
- SECC: Methodology
- #1: Automatically Excluded
- #2: Automatically Included
- #3: Deprivation indicator
- 7 deprivation indicators:
- SECC Advantages?
- SECC: Criticism
- Mock Questions
SECC-2011: WHY needed? #1:
Click To Continue reading [Rights Issue] Socio Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011: Purpose, Benefits, Features, Deprivation index
This is a guest post by Manikandan Soundararajan.
- What is WIPO?
- What is this agreement?
- Why treaty for Visually Challanged?
- Difference: Patents vs. Copyrights?
- Salient features of the Agreement:
- Positive Implications:
- [Yearbook] educating visually challenged
What is WIPO?
WIPO= World Intellectual Property Organization
HQ: Geneva, Switzerland
Function of WIPO?
Click To Continue reading [Diplomacy] WIPO Treaty for Visually Challenged, Patent vs Copyright difference explained
This is a guest post by Mr.Manikandan Soundararajan
- Nobel Prize for Physiology/Medicine (2012):
- What are Stem cells?
- Where are Stem cells found?
- What are the application of Stem cells?
- Organ transplant and stem cells
- Controversy surrounding stem cells:
- Stem Cell research in USA
- Stem Cell : Pro and Anti Arguments
- Birth to
Click To Continue reading [Science] Stem Cell Research, Controversy, Noble Prize 2012
A guest article by Mr.Manikandan
- What is it?
- What are the activities undertaken?
- Resources- where from?
- Why is it news?
Universal Service Obligation Fund
What is it?
There is a ‘Universal’ associated so obviously this must be one amongst the inclusive development strategies of the government.
Here the idea
Click To Continue reading [Yearbook] Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF)
Guest article by Mr.Manikandan, For Environment and Biodiversity topic in CSAT GS paper. (Preliminary exam)
- What is GIAHS?
- What is FAO?
- What are the objectives of GIAHS?
- Why is it done?
- How is a GIAHS site chosen?
- GIAHS Sites in India:
- Koraput, Odisha State
- Kashmir Valley, Pampore region
- What will GIAHS do
Click To Continue reading [EnB] Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS)
Guest article by Mr.Manikandan
- What is TKDL?
- Why is it done?
- What does TKDL intend to do?
What is TKDL?
Traditional Knowledge Digital Library
This program is Jointly implemented by
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology and
- Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda,
Click To Continue reading [Yearbook] Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL)
A guest article by Manikandan Soundararajan
- What are DNA and Gene?
- What do we need here?
- What is the necessity for GM technology?
- Current issue:
- Recommendations of the committee:
- What is this GEAC:
- Procedure to accord approval:
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety (CPB)
- Nagoya Protocol on Access and
Click To Continue reading [Science] Genetically Modified Crops, Bt-Brinjal, Cartagena & Nagoya Protocol: Meaning, Issues
This is a Guest article by Manikandan Soundararajan
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Definition of Cloud Computing
- Pros and Cons of Cloud Computing
What is Cloud Computing? Situation 1
I am looking for a house. My first constraint, being a middle class man, obviously is money. The House owner here is ready to
Click To Continue reading [Science] Cloud Computing: Meaning, Advantages, Disadvantages
A guest article by Mr. Manikandan Soundararajan
- Risat I:
- Advantage of PSLVs
- Agni V:
- What is ICBM:
- Mars Mission:
Radar Imaging Satellite-I first of its kind in India.
Launched using PSLV-C19.
Microwave Remote sensing satellite with a Synthetic Aperture Radar payload.
Advantages and Applications:
Click To Continue reading [Science] RITSAT, PSLV, Agni V, ICBM and Mars Mission