- Usually after the preliminary exam is over, UPSC would take about 40 days to declare its result. (At least that was the scene prelims 2019 result.)
- But in an unprecedented speed, this year UPSC has declared the result within 19 days! (Preliminary exam was conducted on 4 October 2020 and result is out on 23 October 2020)
- UPSC system is to qualify 12-13x times candidates from Prelims to Mains against final vacancies.
- As per the original notification final vacancies are
- This time 796×13= 10,564 have been selected from the Prelims-2020.
- You can check your role number here-
- Civil Services https://upsconline.nic.in/WR-CSP-20-231020-Engl-F.pdf
- Forest Services https://upsconline.nic.in/WR-IFSP-20-231020-Engl-F.pdf
For the passed candidates?
- Congratulations for your success!
- You will have to fill up another form, named Detailed Application Form (DAF-I) between 28/10/2020 to 11/11/2020
- With this form, you will have a upload scanned copies of your college marksheet, caste certificate etc.
- Service preference (IAS>IPS etc) and State cadre preference is asked later on in DAF-II form, after the Mains exam is over, to only those candidates who qualify from Mains to interview stage.
- For Topicwise Previous Years Mains Papers & Mains Strategy visit : Mrunal.org/mains
For the Failed candidates?
- One stupid exam is not the end of the world. It cannot become a matter of life and death.
- If age and attempt left, then prepare for the next exam but WITHOUT repeating the same mistakes that you had made this year.
- If age and attempt is over, then also my best wishes to you. I am yet to meet a person who remained ‘forever jobless / workless’ even after preparing for UPSC.