- Poor score in weekly test
- E01] You said numbers/factual things are not very important then why did you ask number/factual related MCQs in your weekly test?
- E01] Some of the questions asked in the weekly test are not given in the handout so how am I supposed to solve it?
- E01] Please provide the quiz in Hindi language
- E01] Suggest me books for additional preparation of economy MCQs
- E01] Please give separate pdf file containing your weekly Quiz, its answers & explanations
- E01] Senior students finishing weekly quiz fast / why no negative marking/ why rank on speed?
- E01] Please Change every MCQ in every new batch so senior students can’t finish it in 5 minutes
- E01] Please increase the number of questions asked in the weekly quiz /live class/in handout
- E01] Please add previous pillars questions in the next week’s quiz e.g. Pillar1’s MCQs in pillar2’s quiz
- E01] What is 50:50 strategy? in ticking the MCQs?
- E01] I am unable to get correct answer even after doing 50:50 elimination strategy
Poor score in weekly test
Those getting poor scores in mock tests are because
- a) Not revising properly → in each class we are completing about five pages so next morning if you finish five pages it will become manageable. otherwise directly on Wednesday someone is reading 25 pages then he will struggle to remember and recall everything. Solution is obvious =you have to revise more. Perhaps the student is not managing the time properly and spending disproportionate amount of daily time in preparing current affairs or some other subjects.
- b) Overthinking. / Birbal ki Khichdi/engaging in hairsplittery/lawyer-LLB type mentality lawyer-LLB type mentality se interpreting the statements find microscopic faults in the words / thinking outside the photoframe.
- c) Not reading the words carefully. Reading the questions statements in a very hasty and casual manner as if it is a WhatsApp message.
- d) Silly mistakes like Incorrect statement is asked but they tick Correct statement
- e) Mind stuck elsewhere in WhatsApp Telegram Netflix PUBG, fight with siblings/parents, loveaffairs & breakups.
- f) daydreaming or still in dilemma whether he should appear in UPSC exam or appear in bank Exam whether he should write the exam in Hindi medium or English medium, what optional subject should he choose so because of all such a dilemma as he is unable to concentrate on studies, so first he will have to fix his dilemmas and take firm decision about the career.
Solution: focus more studies.
- Complete the handout reading peacefully. With full attention
- Cultivate the habit of reading the question statements peacefully. Do not make haste.
- Install ‘forest app’ to remove the addiction of WhatsApp and social media.
E01] You said numbers/factual things are not very important then why did you ask number/factual related MCQs in your weekly test?
- In real UPSC exam also there will be questions requiring factual knowledge of numbers/names/places/dates..
- When I advise that “numbers are not greatly important in UPSC” = that is in the general sense that “you should not be living in high blood pressure to memorize number for 24 by 7.”
- It does not mean you can completely skip it. iska matlab ye nhi koi number / data yaad hi nahi krnaa hai.
E01] Some of the questions asked in the weekly test are not given in the handout so how am I supposed to solve it?
- It is just to give a taste of real UPSC exam that some random questions will come.
- you should try to do 50 50 elimination technique. there is no need to feel demotivated if you cannot tick it.
E01] Please provide the quiz in Hindi language
- Bracket mein hindi is given in the quiz.
E01] Suggest me books for additional preparation of economy MCQs
- Hand out contains all the notable questions of economy that were asked in the previous UPSC prelim exam
- Weekly quiz also contains additional questions
- So, already you’re getting sufficient practice for economy MCQs. Better use your time for preparing other subjects, instead of looking for more practice MCQs on Economy.
E01] Please give separate pdf file containing your weekly Quiz, its answers & explanations
- While I appreciate your enthusiasm but I do not have the ‘quiz’ outside the “embedded quiz system of Unacademy portal”
- I have suggested the team Unacademy they should create some button to download it in the form of PDF file
E01] Senior students finishing weekly quiz fast / why no negative marking/ why rank on speed?
- These answers are addressed in the June 25th class’s introductory part
E01] Please Change every MCQ in every new batch so senior students can’t finish it in 5 minutes
- This is not a mathematics quiz where I can change the sum’s figures is every time.
- How many ways can we spin this fact for generating new MCQs for every quiz in every batch?
- If I apply my brain in this activity, when will I finish updating the lecture handouts and PowerPoint for the next week while simultaneously also addressing some 300–500 ‘doubts questions received in google form on weekly basis?
E01] Please increase the number of questions asked in the weekly quiz /live class/in handout
- If I increase the quantity of MCQ then their quality cannot be maintained.
- If a handout has 25 pages, and i try to create 100 MCQs from it, Then will end up being a pedestrian quality clerk-exam level MCQs.
E01] Please add previous pillars questions in the next week’s quiz e.g. Pillar1’s MCQs in pillar2’s quiz
- If I try to add more number of questions then what is already provided under the weekly quiz then it will dilute the quality of the questions and ultimately it will become like clerical GK type MCQs.
- And those who joined the batch late, will not be able to cope up in wekly quiz, if their previous pillars are not yet finished. and so I have kept this segmented approach in weekly quiz.
E01] What is 50:50 strategy? in ticking the MCQs?
- Ref: slide 75 onwards
E01] I am unable to get correct answer even after doing 50:50 elimination strategy
- 50–50 strategy requires that you should be familiar with many of the background factoids so that you can eliminate the wrong answers properly and even within the remaining 2 options, you can pick up a more suitable optional because of your contextual knowledge of Many related subjects/theories.
- Therefore 50:50 it will help second third attempt-wala candidates Who has studied more number of things / Newspapers /Books /Subjects more compared to a fresher/first attempt who has just started the preparation.
- There is no need to building motivated about it once you have study more content you will get more adapt this