This article contains a list of software that are utilised for my day to day functioning. I hope this list will help other content creators, educators, and students in becoming more productive.
- CareUEyes is an eye protection software for windows that comes with blue light filter, screen dimmer, and break reminder. With one click it can change the brightness, colour contrast of the monitor. It’s is particularly helpful when you want to invert the colours while reading a PDF file to reduce the eye fatigue. and then again change the colour modes while watching / editing a movie.
- While it is possible to accomplish such functionalities with multiple settings given here and there in various softwares and in Windows control panel but CareUEyes makes it very easy and time saving.
- My usual workflow is first I will read the newspaper take photographs on my mobile of the exam worthy news clips and then prepare more questions, articles, powerpoints by looking at those photographs.
- Faststone Image Viewer makes the tagging, organisation, transformation of these photos much more easier than traditional windows explorer, besides it’s FREE!
Faststone Image Capture
- It is much advanced than the traditional screencapture tool given in Microsoft Windows. I had also tried SNAGIT software but found fast on image captcha to be much lightweight and feature rich for my purpose of creating MEMEs, edited screenshots for powerpoints etc.
- While fasting image capture itself C is sufficient for the screenshot and basic annotations but if you want to change the Colour, contrast, remove background / create transparent background then paint.net is more than sufficient.
- I had also tried GIMP and Adobe photoshop but found PaintdotNET much more suitable to my requirement, besides it’s FREE!
- It is a file explorer with two panels and multiple tabs it makes the organisations of files much more convenient and fast compared to two traditional Windows Explorer.
- in total commander it is possible to change the background colour of the panels to reduce the eye fatigue. It’s demo version is FREE for lifetime, as long as you can bear the annoyance of taking the right buttons every time you open it!