What is a QR Code?
- QR code stands for Quick Response code, and it is a two-dimensional barcode that can be scanned using a smartphone or QR code reader.
- QR codes can store a variety of information, including website URLs, contact information, and even entire documents.
Comparison of QR Code vs Barcode
|Can store more information||Can store less information|
|Can be scanned with a smartphone||Requires a specialized scanner|
|Can be scanned at a faster rate||Scanned at a slower rate|
rMQR (Rectangular Micro QR Code)
- By JAPANESE ENGINEER Masahiro Hara, who designed the original QR code.
- rMQR code is a new type of rectangular QR code.
- stores upto 361 numeric characters and 219 alpha numeric.
- can be printed in narrow spaces.
- has same scanning speed are normal QR code.
- The rMQR is expected to replace barcodes as it can be printed on corners of slips or tickets.
Practice Mock Question (MCQ)
Q1) Find correct statement about rMQR ?
- It is round shaped
- It is developed by American scientists
- It can store numbers but not alphabets.
- A) only 1 and 2
- B) only 1 and 3
- C) only 2 and 3
- D) All three
Q2) Find correct pairs of abbreviations
- QR code stands for Quick Response code,
- rMQR stands for Rounded Mega QR Code.
- A) only 1
- B) only 2
- C) both 1 and 2
- D) neither 1 nor 2
Q3) Which of the following is true about a QR code compared to a barcode?
- a) QR code is one-dimensional and can store less information
- b) QR code is two-dimensional and can store more information
- c) Barcode is two-dimensional and can store more information
- d) Barcode is one-dimensional and can store less information
Q4) Which of the following is true about the scanning speed of QR code and barcode?
- a) QR code is scanned at a faster rate than barcode
- b) Barcode is scanned at a faster rate than QR code
- c) QR code and barcode have the same scanning speed
- d) It depends on the type of scanner being used
1. Question should have been “incorrect” . Then answer is d – all
3 -B, D
4 – No idea ! – skip