- IR1/P1: ISIS-Islamic State-Rise & Implications on India’s security
- IS1/P1: Internal Security-Naxal Movement & Left Wing Extremism in India
- IS1/P2: Internal Security-Insurgency in North East
- IS2/P3: (Self Study) GS1: Communalism, Secularism
- Mr.Pratik Nayak (CEPT University) will be covering selected topics from Internal security and International relations for the Mains examination revision.
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download within that you go to “Mains Revision Folder”=> Internal Security
IR1/P1: ISIS-Islamic State-Rise & Implications on India’s security
- Difference between Shia and Sunni, and the background of their conflict
- Understanding the Middle East
- Fall of Ottoman Empire- Sykes Picot Agreement
- Iraq History and Rise of Saddam
- Reign of Terror for Shia and Kurds
- US Invasion of 2003- Civil War and Ethnic Cleansing of Baghdad
- Role of the Government in 2006 – Tripartite Agreement and New Constitution
- Protest Movement
- Background and Parallel Developments in Arab Countries
- Rise of ISIS and Syria’s civil war
- Reasons for rise of ISIS
- ISIS’s organisational Set up, geographical reach
- Global Strategy to tackle ISIS
- Implications and policy options for India
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/8wwk4fLn834
IS1/P1: Internal Security-Naxal Movement & Left Wing Extremism in India
- Kautilya’s Arthashastra on how the state could be at risk from different threats
- Major Challenges for India’s internal security
- History, Timeline and Ideology of the Naxal
- Reasons for Growth of Naxalism
- Organizational Structure and financial resources of CPI(Maoist)
- Cadres, military and Arms of the naxals / LWE Extremists
- Geographical Reach and Cross border linkages of Naxals
- Cross Border Linkages
- Andhra Model for combating naxalism
- Response by the Government to naxalism and future strategy
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/GxBtxJpcods
IS1/P2: Internal Security-Insurgency in North East
- Conflict in North-East – National, Ethnic and Sub regional
- What is India doing against insurgency?
- Reasons leading to insurgency
- Major Insurgents groups in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland, Manipur
- Insurgency in Nagaland
- Insurgency and Autonomy Demand In Assam
- Statehood demands in Assam – 1. Bodoland 2. Karbi Anglong 3. Dimaraji 4. Kamtapur
- Insurgency , Secessionist Demand and Autonomy Demand in Manipur
- Insurgency and Secessionist Demand in Mizoram
- Reasons for the existence of the Armed Ethnic groups
- State Response to this conflict and way ahead
- North East Vision 2020
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/TdPBnJqRPCI
IS2/P3: (Self Study) GS1: Communalism, Secularism
This was not taught in the lecture due to paucity of time, but powerpoint has been uploaded, so do self study.
- Definition and characteristics of Communalism
- Steps to Communalism
- Factors responsible for growth of communalism and its impact on Indian society?
- How to fight against communalism?
- Globalisation and its effects on Communalism
- Definition, History and rise of secularism
- Positive and negative aspect of secularism
- Features of Western Model of Secularism
- What is Indian Model of Secularism?
- Gandhi and Nehru’s views on secularism
- Why India adopted Secularism?
- Is India a secular country?
Next lecture: Revision of PM Modi’s foreign visits during 2015.
Visit Mrunal.org/DIPLOMACY for more study material on IR/Diplomacy/Foreign relations.
Thank You Sir…All videos are very helpful of mains examination…Thank you again..
thanks a lot sir…………….. for providing these lecture and ppts ………………sir one more request plz upload ppts of art and culture ……….thats it thanks once again
Pratik Sir I am a big fan of ur classes,
Your teaching style is amazing sir…
(Jaa simran jaa….:D)
sir, i cant find power point at main revision page.give me download link
Me neither! Have they been uploaded?
Thanks you mrunal sir very very helpful
Sir can u send ppt on SDRs(special drawing rights) in my mail box..??
Thank u sirs & ma’ms… it is indeed a wonderful initiative for students.. words cant do justice to your dedication towards providing quality education.. instills confidence in serious candidates…. Sends a strong message to these copy-paste masters and jholachhap coaching wallas…
thank you pratik sir
n special thanks to mrunal sir.
Thank you Mr.Nayak for joining hands with Mrunal and Team, to spread education.
Thank you so much sir…:)
Nice lecture pratik sir, keep it up.
Sir thanks for these vids, kindly let me know which institutes or class videos you are posting, I want to have personal guidance from there!
Sir, i could not find mains revision folder for downloading ppt for IS and IR lecture. Pls help. Thanks
plzzz post or send link to dwnld ppt……………….i didnt find on ur site anywhere….as u mention………………..so plzzz
by d way great effort from d team!!!
Thank u very much sir ………….
Thank you sir
Very Helpful and to the point lecture :) one request to sir please speak slowly .. :p
Sir please upload pdf file of the lectures…writing takes lot of time
Thanks a lot sir, for your great support. Can you please provide the explanation in English at-least in PDF format, As we are unable to understand explanation in Hindi from videos.
Mrunal sir when are u uploading material for ias 2016…archive?? Pls anybody tell…
i wanted to know when would you upload material for csat 2016.
i am unable to find PPTs of these lectures…somebody help please
Where is the PPts?
sir i am unable to find ppt ..please upload them..
i am unable to find the ppt, please help
sir i am not able to find the powerpoints of GS1: Communalism, Secularism