- Essential books for CPF Exam
- Decision Making question
- Mood swing
- Essay strategy
- Comment of Civil Service (Mains) Exam
- Medical Checkup
- NCC certificate
- Service Preference
- Training of the officers
- Career Backup
- Message to Aspirants
- Bogus Marketing propoganda
|Exam||Central Police Forces (Asst.Commandant)-2011|
|Rank||ALL INDIA RANK – 99|
|Are you a working professional? (yes/no)||NO|
|Details of other competitive exams you appeared in||Civil Service Interview 2011Civil Service Mains 2012|
|Details of coaching for any competitive exam (if any)||Jnana Prabodini , Pune|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Watching Comedy Shows And Mimicry.|
Q. Tell us something about yourself. When and why did you enter in the competitive exam field?
Essential books for CPF Exam
Q. Provide the List of Essential books/ tips for success in the CPF written exam?
- Basic science textbooks of school class 8th – 10th . Ncert history, geography, newspaper
- Indian express and any monthly current affair magzine.
- Practice for basic logical reasoning and math.
- Polity laxmikant.
- for paper 2 essay . No books used just common understanding of the issue based on study for paper 1.
Decision Making question
Q. How to approach the Decision Making/Situation reaction test type MCQs in CPF exam?
- Decision making question expect candidates to take a comprehensive view of situation.
- Answer must be rational, practical and effective. It may not be all of them at the same time but the best option in the given situation must be given the priority.
Q. How did you maintain the study-mood, motivation and tempo throughout this journey? On an average, how many hours do you study per day?
- I devoted 4-12 hrs of study. It increases as exam approaches.
- I take time off to watch national geographic , history, discovery along with comedy shows to laugh off the stress.
- I used to chat with friends who arent preparing for civil services which took me Out of the zone temporarily. Special thanks to Sumedh, Ruchita, Sanjog.
Q. How did you prepare for the essay? What Essay did you write in the CPF-2011 exam and what keypoints did you include in it?
I didn’t prepare for essay separately. I attempt essay based on paper 1 study. I wrote topic no 1 regarding internet vs culture . I assesed the pros and cons of technology with respect to its progressive and regressive effect on society. Changing society as an outcome of technology and vice versa.
Q. You have also appeared in Civil Service (Mains) exam, so what essay did you write in CSM-2012, what keypoints did you include in it?
- I wrote topic no 2 on PPP model. I explained the ppp concept and need for it.
- I evaluated the merits and demerits of the model from indian context in current socio-economic and international perspective followed by a summery cum conclusion.
Comment of Civil Service (Mains) Exam
Q. Since you’ve appeared in CSM-2012, What’s your take/opinion/review on the GS and optional subject paper?
- GS paper was by far the most lenghty. It equired us to think fast and write faster.
- Newspaper readers benefitted.
- Coaching class notes muggers had a nightmare although many might put up a brave face to swallow the embarassment.
- Optionals couldn’t have been more application based. UPSC is converging towards a Mains pattern change.
Q. Where was the CPF interview conducted? Please Provide the list of questions asked? And any tips for future aspirants.
- CPF interview is held in upsc at dholpur house, new delhi. I had it on 10th sep 2012.
- Panel of hon. P.M.Mishra sir. Time- 18 minutes. I was 2nd candidate in morning session.
- I was asked questions mostly on my biodata, why cpf , why was tiger in news? , naxalism, Cricket, T20 , internal security, NCC.
- My advice would be to study every detail of biodata. Be honest. Everyone of us is scared on the fateful day but its all about not showing it and trying to be calm and listening to questions carefully.
Q. How was interview: normal, stress, mixed?
It was normal. Panel was extremely comforting.
Q. If you’ve received the marksheet, please share it.
No marks or marksheet yet.
Q. To pass Physical Efficiency Tests (PET), what preparation did you do at home? How hard is the fitness test? Can a candidate with let’s say “average body and fitness”, clear it?
I’m an avid foody. An aspirant puts up weight faster. I was 90 kg so i reduced 23 kg in 3 months. I followed salad n low fat diet. I was studying for mains . Jogging 5 km daily n dieting. It helped me get fitter and enhanced my focus. I felt better about myself and confident. Sufficient practice for 1 month can get an avg built person through.
Q. Where is the Physical efficiency test conducted? i.e. @Delhi or at some state HQ of CRPF?
I was alloted Bhilai (Chattisgarh) as i it was near to my exam center Nagpur.
Q. Do you have any NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificates? If a candidate doesn’t have such certificates, what are his chances to get selected?
NCC B or C grade is a preferred qualification. I don’t have it. One can still be in the top ranks even without it.
Q. What was your service preference order (CRPF>CISF>SSB etc) and why did you pick up the particular order?
CISF , CRPF , BSF , ITBP , SSB. My choice is purely based on instincts and little feedback from friends. My advice to aspirants will be to enlist preferences as per own personality by studying the job profile of all services individually and relatively aswell.
Training of the officers
Q. When will the training start and how long is the training period?
Currently 2010 batch is undergoing training. We are expecting a call by the end of 2013. Training spans around 1 year.
Q. If you were not selected, what was your career backup plan?
I wouldve worked in clean energy sector preferably out of India.
Q. Behind every topper are many people who stood by him/her during those uncertain times when he was merely an ‘aspirant’. Would you like to tell the world, who were those people in your case?
- My Parents: Mr U.S Chavan and Mrs. Kamal Chavan, My Mother Always Wanted Me To Be A Uniform Services. She got me one when I was 6 yr old.
- My elder Sister Dr Apeksha Chavan.
- They Always Believed In Me And Motivated Me.
- My Aunt Mrs Vimal Chavan Took Care Of My Diet When I Was In Pune For Studies.
- My Friends Sumedh Munshi (Currently Pursuing MBA At Lese, Spain), Sanjog Binkar (Ranji Trophy Player, Indian Railways), Alok Raut (Maruti , Gurgaon).
- Ruchita Kale (M.A English Litt) Dr Sagar Doifode , Tushar Nikhare (RBI Officer),
- Aditi Walunj ,Pradnya Gholap (My Friends , Philosophers And Guides)
- My Cousins Varun Rathod ,Tejas Chavan .
Message to Aspirants
Q. Through this journey, what wisdom did you gain about competition and life? What is your message to the aspirants?
EVERY FIGHTER HAS ONE LAST FIGHT LEFT IN HIM
SUBJECT YOUR BODY AND MIND TO THE LIMITS OF ITS CAPACITY.
NEVER BACK DOWN.TRUST YOURSELF. FEAR NOTHING.
Bogus Marketing propoganda
Q. The unwritten and most sacred rule of conducting topper’s interview=Last question must be related to marketing. So, I’ve to ask you: Did you use Mrunal.org for your preparation? And you can even reply “No”. I’ll publish your answer as it is. (Unlike certain Competitive magazines who distort the answers after taking the Toppers’ interview, hehehe.)
- I used mrunal.org for current and economics. One should go through it atleast once.
- I’ve has been using it since 2011. It helped me in CAPF , Civil Services (mains-prelims) and also in RBI Grade “B” Officers’ mains. It’s one of its kind.
i am now in class 10th and want to join police force…..so i just want an advice that….what physical qualification are needed to join in police force….and what should i do next ….?
hi mrunal sir
I am preparing for CAPF AC. Is this necessary to give interview in English? pls clear my doubt.
Capf exam dene k baad total kitna time lagta hai…training mei jane k liye..pls tell me.what is ecxect time gap between interview nd training for capf ac….provide information as soon as possible…
sir, i m btech( ME) 4th yr student i wana join central police forces my height is 184 cm weigh only 58 kgs i m underweight shud i go for upsc cpf 2015
Sir…dis s ma first civil service xam! I dint attended any exams yet still including gate..am doin ma Engg final year… Am I eligible 2 write the CAPF AC exam without writing any exams before??? Plzzz clarify me,Sir!
I want to ask that my height is 146cms, am I eligible for Intelligence Bureau ACIO ??
Please reply asap….
hello friends….i got 190 rank in cpf-2011, got 114 marks in interview. I got my second preference , SSB. I worked there thinking of continuing civils preperation, but during training you will be kept busy for almost 14-16 hrs per day. Apart from that you have to do regular class assignments and maintaining of class registers etc… After that you will be so exhausted that will go directly to bed. So during training it becomes difficult to even read news paper and make notes. Apart from that the SSB as since lat yr has made the commando training(3 and half months) compulsary in succession with basic training(around 12 months). Earlier it it to be done before 35yrs of age. So almost 1.5 yrs of continuous training. After that there is Army attachment for 6 months. part from that you can be detained in any course by your commandant. So in first 4 yrs, one is under training mode. I m not saying that the job is not good, but if somone is 25-26 yrs at the time of joining and think that he has enpough time to prepare for civils…he has to think pragmatically and discussed with persons service in forces. If you want to join …join with single mind…
That was the dilemmma with me ..so i finally decided to resign and paid a bond of 1.5 lac.
Now preparing for 2015 civils. I m sharing this so that you take a wise decision and plan accordinglr. If you require any further i formation plz free to ask…my mail..email@example.com
hallo sir, mere hand mein angle se related thora sa problem hai. i rejected from cpo si medical. is there any hope to get selection in medical of A C. please reply sir
hello sir ,
I have problem of both ear drum r break is there any problem create for medical or physical test for capf ? even I listen better.
sir ….I am prepaire to capf exam …..sir I asked me u have one question …………sir How many benefit NCC “C” certificate in cpf exam plz explain me sir……..
is there height relaxation for st candidates in capf(ac)?
sir mere haath mein angle se related thora problem hai , i was also rejected from cpo SI medical. S0 is there any hope in AC medcial to get selection. please inform me, I got 115 marks(obc), is there any chance please reply me sir
@abhimanyu, bro if I am selected in capf 2015 (result out in Feb 2016), when will the training start for ssb ?? I was thinking of putting it as 2nd option after cisf…I am a sincere candidate for civil services….please inform me about the start of training and whether I can take extension for that ??
I want guidline on paper-2 of CPF pl
@rahul Dude please contact me at my email firstname.lastname@example.org if u get any answer…I HV same question..facebook usename praveen gadugin
What will be the time gap bw final results and training date…i HV given my interview recently..will it clash with civils
Hello i am from northeastern state and my height is163 cm i want to avail height relaxation as mentioned in anxure G it state that people from northeastern states can avail 5% of height relaxation what is the procedure please enlight me
Dear mrunal sir,
I belong to northeastern state an i want to know is there any height relaxation for us???
what is the preferance order by first to last in paramilitary(cisf,ssb,crpf,bsf,itbp,assam riffiles,nia,ssf)?
Dear Mrunal sir,
i am currently working in Steel Authority of India limited.
i have qualified the written examination of CAPF (AC) 2016. but i want to continue my preprations for Civil Services 2017.
will it be a good Decision to leave SAIL and join the paramilitary . will i get ample amount of time there to continue my preprations?
Thank you abhimanyu bhaiya for your immense help.
Sir which is the Best coaching for capf ac