- Call Letter
- Structure of online exam
- Instructions for Computer Based Test
- Negative marking/Penalty
- SAMPLE QUESTIONS
- Details of the On-line Examination Pattern
- General Instructions:
- IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
RBI has uploaded the call letters for the Assistants’ exam. click me for the link
Or copy paste following in your browser
This handout contains details pertaining to various aspects of the online exam you are going to undertake and important instructions about related matters. You are advised to study the handout carefully as it will help you in preparing for the examination.
Structure of online exam
The on-line examination will comprise the following objective type multiple choice tests as stated below :
40 Questions each from
- Reasoning (Verbal)
- English language
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- computer Knowledge
The time for the test is 120 minutes; however you may have to be at the venue for approximately 180 minutes including the time required for logging in, collection of the call letters, giving of instructions etc.
The tests will be provided in English and Hindi.
Instructions for Computer Based Test
You can attempt any question from 1 to 200 at any point of time within these 120 minutes. All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the five answers to a question only one will be the correct answer. You have to select the most appropriate answer and ‘mouse click’ that alternative which you feel is appropriate/ correct. The alternative/ option that you have clicked on will be highlighted and will be treated as your answer to that question. There will be penalty for wrong answers marked by you.
For every wrong answer marked by you, 1/4th of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Please note that the types of questions in this handout are only illustrative and not exhaustive. In the actual examination you will find questions of a higher difficulty level on some or all of these types and also questions on the types not mentioned here.
Some sample questions are given below.
TEST I : REASONING
This is a test to see how well you can think and also to judge your aptitude/ knowledge for working with computer. It contains questions of various kinds. Here are some sample questions.
- Directions : In each of the following questions, there are five letter groups or words in each question. Four of these letter groups or words are alike in some way, while one is different. Find the one which is different.
Ans. Of the five, ‘black, ‘red’, ‘green’ and ‘yellow’ form a group as they are names of colours. ‘paint’ is not the name of a colour. Therefore, is the answer. Now try to solve the following questions.
- Find odd
- Find odd
Directions : In each of the following questions, there is a question mark in which only one of the five alternatives given under the question satisfies the same relationship as is found between the two terms to the left of the sign :: given in the question. Find the correct answer.
- Foot : man : : hoof :?
Ans. In the above example, ‘hoof’ has the same relationship with ‘horse’ as ‘foot’ has to ‘man’. Hence the answer is (3).
Now study to solve the following questions.
- Day : Night : : Kind :?
- Hut : Mansion : : Rabbit :?
Now try the following questions.
- If the letters in the word TOPS can be rearranged to form a meaningful word beginning with O, the last letter of that word is your answer. If more than one such word can be formed, M is the answer and if no such word can be formed, X is the answer.
- ‘Some leaders are dishonest. Satyapriya is a leader.’ Which of the following inferences definitely follows from these statements?
- Satyapriya is honest
- Satyapriya is dishonest
- Some leaders are honest
- Leaders are generally dishonest
- Satyapriya is sometimes dishonest
TEST II : ENGLISH LANGUAGE
This is a test to see how well you know English. Your English language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of a passage, etc. Study and answer the sample questions given below:
Directions : Pick out the most appropriate word from amongst the words given below each sentence to complete it meaningfully.
- He quickly glanced ___ the book to find what it said about the Indian economy.
Ans. The correct answer is “through” which is answer No. 2.
- The counsel urged the court to ___ down the obnoxious law.
- The local official ___ the Minister of the situation.
Directions : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part of the sentence is your answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5).
Q.I am twenty (1) / two years old (2)/ when I first (3) / joined the bank.(4) No error(5)
Ans. The error is in (1). Therefore the answer is ‘1’.
Q.To the Hindus (1)/ the Ganga is(2) / holier than(3) / any other river.(4) No error(5)
Ans. In this question, there is no error; therefore the right answer to this question is ‘5’.
Now solve following on your own.
Q. Of all the teachers(1) / in our school (2)/ our class teacher(3) / were very strict(4). No error(5)
Directions : In each of the following questions, select from amongst the five alternatives, the word nearest in meaning to the word given in capitals.
- a guard
- a hundred years
- a very old man
- hundred runs
- hundredth anniversary
In addition, there will be questions based on passage, to test your comprehension.
TEST III: NUMERICAL ABILITY
This test is designed to measure how fast and accurate you are in dealing with numbers, viz. computation, quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables and graphs etc.
Directions : In each of the following questions, you have to find out what will come in place of the question mark (?).
- 42 + 73+ 137=?
- None of these
- 20 x (1/2)=?
- None of these
- 0.7 x 0.5=?
- None of these
In 1st question, 252 is the correct answer. So your answer would be (2).
The correct answer for 2nd question is 10. But neither (1), nor (2), nor (3), nor (4) shows this answer. Therefore your answer is (5).
Some of the questions may require arithmetical reasoning. For example :
- At 10 paise each, how many paise will 6 lemons cost?
- None of these
- Which of the following can be exact multiple of 4?
- None of these
- If the profit made by selling a pen for Rs.10 is as much as its cost, what is the cost price of the pen?
- None of these
There may also be questions on graph and tables.
TEST IV : GENERAL AWARENESS
This test is intended to give an index of your awareness of people and events past and present in different walks of life.
- R. K. Laxman is famous for
- Screenplay Writing
- Film Direction
- None of these
- “Kumbh-Mela” is held in our country after every
- 6 years
- 10 years
- 12 years
- 14 years
- None of these
- Who among the following is the director of the film “Lagaan”?
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Vasant Govarikar
- Karan Johar
- B. R. Chopra
- None of these
TEST V : COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE
- Pick the odd man out.
- Floppy drive
- Hard-disk drive
- The full form of LAN is
- Local Access Network
- Local Area Network
- Long Area Node
- Local Area Node
- None of these
Details of the On-line Examination Pattern
- The examination would be conducted on-line i.e. on a computer.
- All tests except for the test of English will be in English and Hindi.
- All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the five answers to a question only one will be the
- correct answer. The candidate has to select the most appropriate answer and ‘mouse click’ that alternative which he/ she feels is appropriate/ correct. The alternative/ option that is clicked on will be highlighted and will be treated as the answer to that question.
- The clock has been set at the server and the countdown timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the time remaining for you to complete the exam. When the clock runs out the exam ends by default – you are not required to end or submit your exam.
The question palette at the right of screen shows one of the following statuses of each of the
Mark n Review
- The Marked for Review status simply acts as a reminder that you have set to look at the question again. If an answer is selected for a question that is Marked for Review, the answer will be considered in the final evaluation.
- To select a question to answer, you can do one of the following:
- Click on the question number on the question palette at the right of your screen to go to that numbered question directly. Note that using this option does NOT save your answer to the current question.
- Click on Save and Next to save answer to current question and to go to the next question in sequence.
- Click on Mark for Review and Next to save answer to current question, mark it for review, and to go to the next question in sequence.
- You can view the entire paper by clicking on the Question Paper button.
- To select your answer, click on one of the option buttons
- To change your answer, click the another desired option button
- To save your answer, you MUST click on Save & Next
- To deselect a chosen answer, click on the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button.
- To mark a question for review click on Mark for Review & Next. If an answer is selected for a question that is Marked for Review, the answer will be considered in the final evaluation.
- To change an answer to a question, first select the question and then click on the new answer option followed by a click on the Save & Next button.
- Questions that are saved or marked for review after answering will ONLY be considered for evaluation.
- Sections will be displayed on the top bar of the screen. Questions in a section can be viewed by clicking on the section name. The section you will view will be highlighted.
- After clicking the Save & Next button on the last question for a section, you will automatically be taken to the first question of the next section.
- You can move the mouse cursor over the section names to view the status of the questions for that section.
- You can shuffle between sections and questions anytime during the examination as per your convenience.
- The candidates are requested to follow the instructions of the “Test Administrator” carefully. If any candidate does not follow the instructions / rules, it would be treated as a case of misconduct/ adoption of unfair means and such a candidate would be liable for debarment from appearing for examinations for a period as decided by the RBI.
- The candidates may ask the Test Administrator about their doubts or questions only before the commencement of the test. No query shall be entertained after the commencement of the examination.
- After the expiry of 120 minutes, the candidates will not be able to attempt any question or check their answers. The answers of the candidate would be saved automatically by the computer system even if he/ she has not clicked the “Submit” button.
- Please note :
- Candidates will not be allowed to “finally submit” unless they have exhausted at least 75% of the actual test time which is 90 minutes.
- Under no circumstances should a candidate click on any of the ‘keyboard keys’ once the exam starts as this will lock the exam.
- Please note your roll number, password, date, time and venue address of the examination given in the call letter.
- You may visit the venue one day before the Online Examination to confirm the location so that you are able to report on time on the day of the examination.
- The call letter should be brought with you to the examination venue along with your recent passport size photograph duly pasted on it.
- You must scrupulously follow the instructions of the Test Administrator and RBI Representative at the examination venue. If you violate the instructions you will be disqualified and will be asked to leave the examination venue.
- No use of calculators (separate or with watch), books, note books or written notes, cell phones (with or without camera facility), or any other electronic device will be allowed during the examination.
- Your responses (answers) will be analysed with other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/valid, your candidature may be cancelled and/or the result withheld. Any candidate who is found copying or receiving or giving assistance or engaging in any behaviour unbecoming of a candidate will not be considered for assessment. The RBI may take further action against such candidates as deemed fit by it.
- You should bring with you a ball-point pen. A sheet of paper will be provided which can be used for rough work or taking down the question number you would like to review at the end of the test before submitting your answers. After the test is over you should hand over this sheet of paper to the Test Administrator before leaving the venue.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
- You are advised to bring with you the following:
- Call letter and the photo ID card.
- One Ball point pen
WISH YOU GOOD LUCK
Murnal ji i am not able to access my Roll no after filled my data like Registration no and Date of birth it say data invalid or i have also try with Registration no and Password than same think happen plz advice me what to do?
Same problem with me. Please advise for way out of this problem.
put me down with this article…..just a copy paste, no summary work, no analysis, nothing..!!
No different than the Hand-out given…I mean, a visitor would expect that if Mrunal has given an article then it must be an analysis not just a copy paste of the pdf…whats the point of coming to mrunal.org then..!!
or may be I was suffering from High expectation…:(
Most people don’t bother to read even the handouts and i get ~10 emails per day inquiring about the call letter, hence this article.
good job sir
Many thanks Murnalji
LIC AAO results are out
Please help me I am not able to open my Admit card of this exam, repeatedly though entering all the required details provided
at the time of registration.
What can be done next.
Sir, will there be any sectional cutoffs in this exam?
mrunal bhaia..i have scored 63.2 in the last IBPS Clerical exam.The cutoff score for general candidates in Westbengal has been 64.3.Is there any chance for me in the upcoming second list??
I took the test today. English and Reasoning are just the way mrunal had told. For the computer section it needs a bit of practical knowledge along with thorough theory. General awareness is a bit more economy orieneted than we were told but other parts are still there. Now the real concern is math.
root 11223-(4.7)^2*139+72.7= ? – 4623
what is the value of ‘?’
u r going to get 25 Qs of these. u have to be gifted on the IQ level and calculation speed to complete ur test in time. my call do not emhasize math. leave it for last. save a minimum of 50 mins for the part. mark all the lengthy calculations for review. finish the other maths and then come back n see what can u do. Last but not the least if ur call letter says 9.15 then enter the hall at 9.45. if u enter at 9 u will get bored irrespective of the sage u are. for me it affected my maths.
is it for Recruitment of Officers in Grade ‘B’ in RBI???
very good work sir
good work……thank you :)
Good Afternoon sir,
Is there any section wise cutt off in RBI Grade ‘B’ exam?
what should be the ideal number of attempts in such a question paper?
Are you looking for a Best Quality Website/Software/IT Training/IT Consultancy? If YES, your search ends here as Acceleration has highly Skilled IT professionals to provide you best software services.
As you know in this IT world a Website/Software is the necessity of every business. A quality Website/Software plays a vital role in your business growth.
Our specialty is that we have the team of highly skilled and professional people having vast experience in IT profession. Moreover, we have deep knowledge of software processes and software development.
Our another specialty is that we work on latest technologies .NET/JAVA/PHP/Android/SharePoint/Cloud computing etc.
Moreover, we have highly professional and skilled software developers who have worked with renowned TOP IT MNCs like TCS, WIPRO, HCL, Infosys, IBM, Accenture, NIIT, Birlasoft, Mahindra Satyam and many more.
Therefore, due to our qualities and specialties, you get the greatest benefit of best quality websites/software within time and on reasonable cost.
Below is the list of TOP IT services we offer:
1. Website design and development
2. ERP/CRM and other software. (Our ERP/CRM software is running in many Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Hotels, Real estates and other small-mid-high level industries)
3. SEO (Search Engine Optimization for yahoo, google search)
4. Company LOGO Design
5. Graphic Design for visiting cards, pamphlets, banners, hoardings, news paper/magazine ads
6. IT consultancy (.NET/Java/PHP Project Time/Cost Estimation, Architecture Design etc)
7. Corporate IT Training
8. .NET/Java currently asked Interview Q&A package and interview tips to crack the interview in any IT company.
A quality website/software is necessity of a business growth and success. So, DO NOT compromise with the quality.
If you are the one who really cares about the quality and want to grow your business using only Quality and Genuine products, then we are the best to give you all software services.\
priyabrata thank you for coming forward and sharing ur experience in the hour of need, I am taking the exam this week cau u plz, recollect wht was the difficulty level of economic..and what no. of questions to expct frm this part, hw abt current affairs n PIN as murnal sir suggested….
Sir, I have appeared RRB on 13 Sep. During English section the “Save & Next” button was not highlighted/functioned at all. So, I have answered all the questions of this section by clicking question Nos. But in other sections this problem was not there. t last after the exam is over the table which shows the No. of questions attempted/not attempted, it has shown all the sections’ except English section. This has been happened due to the system problem (Save & Next button). Would the system considered the answers later or not ? What should I do in this case? Plz guide…
Sir, I just want to know my subject wise scores of RBI Asst exam 2015 and cut off for EXS in kanpur & Lucknow div. Roll.No-3420908977 and D.O.B- 08-06-78. Plz send in my mail. Thanx.
sir , i n call letter my mane mention suman ram bt in photo id my nam is suman kumari shiv kumari ram can i appeared this exam on not….plzz sir tell me