Nothing much important here. Just for public record.
Matter #1: Income and Expenditure of UPSC
For the financial year 2012-13 (i.e. 1 April to 31 March), I seek following information:
- Total money allotted by government to UPSC
Rs. 146.53 Crores
- Total income of UPSC from fees collection from various examinations.
Rs. 15.05 crore
- Overall total expenditure.
Rs. 146.51 crore
- Total expenditure on salary and allowances of chairman and members of UPSC
- Total expenditure on court litigations in HC and SC.
Rs. 1,42,80,981 (includes litigation expenses in CAT, HC and SC)
- Total expenditure on RTI related cases in HC and SC.
This information is not available in material form as UPSC does not monitor cases category/court/tribunal-wise. The expenditure indicated against item No. 5 is inclusive of expenditure on RTI related cases in HC and SC.
Mrunal comments: ya, since the money is coming from tax payer’s pockets so why should UPSC bother to “monitor” the expenses in each court-case?
Matter #2: RTI applications & fines by CIC
Q. In the year 2012 and 2013 how many RTI did UPSC receive?
- 4980 (during the period from 01.04.2012 to 31.03.2013).
- 4588 (during the period from 01.04.2013 to 30.11.2013).
Q. In the year 2012 and 2013,
- In how many cases did CIC overturned the orders of FAA?
- In how many cases did CIC impose penalty/fine on UPSC/its CPIO(s)? What is the combined monetary figure of all such fines?
- In how many cases, has UPSC challenged CIC’s order in the HC/SC?
- How much money has UPSC paid to lawyer(s) for such court litigation(s)?
The information is not available in material form as UPSC does not compile and maintain such information separately.
Mrunal comments: This Information definitely exists. It is hard to believe UPSC doesn’t keep track of its RTI success, failures and penalties. Time to appeal to FAA and then to CIC. Perhaps a separate RTI to CIC about how many times they imposed penalty on UPSC.
Ref: Scanned copy of RTI reply by UPSC: https://files.secureserver.net/0s5LBYNDXo6UlX
For more RTI misadventures, visit Mrunal.org/RTI.
haahaha …. cool
Good General Awareness about UPSC :)
nice info..kudos mrunal sir..
you gonna make UPSC cry someday :p
Hats Off for the Incredible Effort sir :-)
क्या mrnual आप तो upsc के पीछे ही पड़े हो।
Current affairs पर कोई quiz भी पोस्ट किया करिए। साप्ताहिक
Sir, what happened to the case that was taken to HC by upsc for not declaring prelims cutoff ?
“This Information definitely exists. It is hard to believe UPSC doesn’t keep track of its RTI success, failures and penalties.”
I can assure you that no ministry/department in the Union govt keeps track of its RTI success, failures and penalties. RTI applications are dealt with individual sections concerned with the matter (on which RTI has been framed)and sections are required to compile only reports of the number of applications received and replied/rejected. There is no reason for keeping track of RTI success, failures and penalties; it would be an extra work which no ministry/department would do.
intamet me when you add me new post pls sir
How to pay the fee if some material is required over a cd/dvd, I have to file an RTI with state PSC for the previous year question papers
Please put the above queries to DoPT also.